3D inputting device

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 05 May 2014   #1
3D inputting device

Hi! I am developing 3D inputting device. It has 6DOF, and you don't need any equipment - except web-camera and usual printer to print paper pointer.

I'm showing you NOT my handmade editor, that you can see on videos. I'm showing you the inputting system itself. It could be easily connected to any 3D editor via plugin.
So, is this device helpful? Will it help solve your problem? Or I can no bother and wacom is just ok?

Download and info (temporary domain, will be changed later)

Old 05 May 2014   #2
...great work man, can definitely see its potential for game development pipe integration, ATM I use Wacom for 3D asset mod's [texturing, concepts...so forth] in PS, anyways again very nice congrats!.

Cheers ;)

Old 05 May 2014   #3
Nice! That's such simple and clever way to get 3D data into a computer.

I'm not sure if it could beat a wacom for serious sculpting, but it might be useful to block out overall proportions for things. You could place the marker on various points of an object, and the computer could record the points based on the shape of the square. I'm sure you would need some kind of wire or something on the end of your marker so you could touch the object, but still keep the marker visible.

reply share thread