Bmw X6

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 05 May 2014   #1
Bmw X6

I have modelled this BMW X6 and did a few renders to see how it looks. So far I am happy with how its coming up but not completely. I have a few issues on how it smooths the shape. Sometimes I do get to add more geometry and end up having curves that are not really smooth. Please look to it and tell me how it is coming out and how I can improve on it.

Old 05 May 2014   #2
nice wires so far, keep going!

Old 05 May 2014   #3
Hey man,

It doesn't look too bad, but it would help to know what year model your after.

Its usually best to keep your polys as square as possible so things smooth evenly, but I don't see any major problems with your mesh flow so far.

Old 05 May 2014   #4
Thank you for the feedback guys. I have modelled cars before and did simple cars like the VW Golf Mk1but never finished them. This time I feel that I have shot myself in the foot by choosing a more complex and difficult car like the BMW X6. I will keep you updated for more progress.

Old 05 May 2014   #5
My progress is slow, due to schoolwork thats getting in the way. So far I have done the rim for the x6. Im struggling to find tyre images of the bmw x6, If you know where I can get them please let me know.

Old 07 July 2014   #6
It's been a while since I posted because of the recent school holidays I had. The car is not complete but I have not mirrored the geometry but have duplicated the whole geometry and flipped it horizontally on the x-scale, that's why you can see this hard line in the middle. I did this to create a quick render just to see how the car can be when it is finished, so far its coming out as I expected but thers still room for some improvements. I have not planned on modelling the interior because I want to move to another car, I do not want a showreel with only one car. This is the first car that I got to get to, this far, most of them I have chickened out.

reply share thread