Audi Tt 2014

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

03 March 2014
Cool, nice work. I see a couple of pentagons on both rear side which may create an uneven pinch in shading, look out for those which always create weird reflections. And what's with the wedge near exhausts ? Is it your concept of addition or is making space for lights or grills at the back end ? Anyways its cool I wonder what comes next.
https://vimeo.com/80189808

03 March 2014
Originally Posted by maxster: Cool, nice work. I see a couple of pentagons on both rear side which may create an uneven pinch in shading, look out for those which always create weird reflections.

Thank you maxster!
Yes this pentagons are there (no more) to guide me. I already cleaned up.

Originally Posted by maxster: And what's with the wedge near exhausts ?

Which one do you mean?

Originally Posted by maxster: Is it your concept of addition or is making space for lights or grills at the back end ?

Yes it is my concept of addition for grills at the back end.
See new images.

Originally Posted by maxster: Anyways its cool I wonder what comes next.

Thnx maxster.

Next... Wheels, but with a new design.
Somehow I like to design/model Wheels. And this time for a new brand and no just BMW which will be a challenge.

Hold on... I need to finish the window in the front part.

Originally Posted by Mr-Evil-studio: very nice & clean model right now

Thnx Mr-Evil-studio
Glad you like it guys!

My Basics Mel Scripts
~{xbo_::_Scripts}~

Last edited by 2xbo : 07 July 2016 at 03:43 PM.

03 March 2014
Hi guys,

Just a couple of updates.

Hope you like it!
Cheers!

The wheels are out of their place I need position them later on.

Dont ask... I was too lazy to make the brake in Polys so I decided to make in Nurbs.

Some extras I did for rendering proposes.

P.S. Hate to make tires

My Basics Mel Scripts

Last edited by 2xbo : 07 July 2016 at 03:44 PM.

03 March 2014
Some of the panels still look a little flat. You might have a hard time getting them to look good with a car paint shader, since your highlights will be all or nothing. If you add some subtle curvature, it will reflect the light in a more pleasing way.

I think its possible that your misreading the depth of the trim on the hood and down the side.

http://www.finecarsexotics.com/wp-c...-audi-tt-rs.jpg

It looks like most of the trim lines are formed from two offset convex surfaces, rather than the ends of two concave surfaces joining together. Look at the panels gaps on the doors for clues.

http://www.xlifestyle.eu/wp-content.../01/TT-2014.jpg

You can kind of see on this one how the hood should be slightly higher than the other panels.

03 March 2014
Originally Posted by AJ1: Some of the panels still look a little flat. You might have a hard time getting them to look good with a car paint shader, since your highlights will be all or nothing. If you add some subtle curvature, it will reflect the light in a more pleasing way.

Yes, you right. At the moment I have some, just waiting for the end of the modeling part.
Thank you I will change this at the really end (See comment at the end of this)

Originally Posted by AJ1: I think its possible that your misreading the depth of the trim on the hood and down the side.

It looks like most of the trim lines are formed from two offset convex surfaces, rather than the ends of two concave surfaces joining together. Look at the panels gaps on the doors for clues.

You can kind of see on this one how the hood should be slightly higher than the other panels.

Hey! Those rims looks also great. I think Im going to take them and model them.
They are much easier to do it.
Thank you for the pic.

In your second picture you post is totally correct, but that car picture was just a photoshop retouch.
The first picture is the old Audi TT 2012 is different than the Car presented at Geneva. Is also much flatter everywhere than the actual car.

What im trying to copy is the new Audi TT presented at the Geneva Moto Show 2014.
There is also a problem there.
I should make the car from this images which is also diferent than the car presented at Geneva. Those images are 3D renders, but Im using them. This is the input I should follow.

And is also slightly diferent that the car presented at the Geneva Motor Show.

So Im trying to get a mix of them.

Audi presented 3 Versions of the TT.
Audi TT
Audi TTs
and Audi Quattro.

As you can see in this images the hood is lower than the surface coming from the arch wheel.

I really appreciate your points and comments.
I will change also a bit the surfaces for the highlights, cuz you are totally right. As you said "highlights will be all or nothing"

Im using a special analysis tools to read the highlights and they are good, but a slightly tweak will be look much better, I guess.
I need to try.

Cheers!

BTW. I notice I need to change a bit the front. I will change this at the end.

EDIT:

About the door panel.
You can see here that the door panel is extremely flat.

My Basics Mel Scripts

Last edited by 2xbo : 07 July 2016 at 03:45 PM.

03 March 2014
nice render & i like it but i think u need 2 change the color 2 b or w i think is very good
keep on & good luck

03 March 2014
HI Mr-Evil-studio,

No those are not my renders.
Those are references that I must follow.

Im doing some adjustments in the surfaces and adding a couple of Stuffs at the moment.

My Basics Mel Scripts

03 March 2014
Hi guys,

I just finish a couple of Stuffs and want to share with you for any comment or critics.
Hope you like it.

Parts added:
- Suspension
- Antena
- Door handle

Modifications:
- Flaten surfaces are now correct
- All Surfaces are divided (Body, Hood, Window, Roof, etc..)
- Mirrors are on surfaces and rounded
- Door modifications (Spoiler)
- Arch wheel was modified

Im going to add just the door handle extra part and then is done.

My Basics Mel Scripts

Last edited by 2xbo : 07 July 2016 at 03:45 PM.

03 March 2014
Hi guys,

I closed the modeling step. I did some modifications on some areas, but thats all.
Now I move on to create the Hangar for the car.

Since I'm not an architect, I'm having problem to have a nice Hangar Design.
But let me know what do you think.

Any help, advice, comment, and others regarding the Hangar I will truly appreciate.

Hope you like it.
Cheers!

My Basics Mel Scripts

Last edited by 2xbo : 03 March 2014 at 02:19 PM.

03 March 2014
Hi guys,

Im doing the shaders and this is what I have done.

Hope you like it.

Note: The Car Shader is not at all finished.

Hangar Rendere Aborted!

My Basics Mel Scripts

03 March 2014
Thumbs up

Hey man, Nice shading. Reflections are coming out smooth. You are using Vray, I guess. Try blend or shellac to create smooth and sharp highlights. And why white color? Just saying, I am not a big fan of white cars.
Go ahead, you are in the right direction.

03 March 2014
Originally Posted by maxster: Hey man, Nice shading. Reflections are coming out smooth. You are using Vray, I guess.

How you doing maxster?
Thank you. I hope is going to come out as I wish.

Well I dont have any clue about vRay I use customized MR Shaders.
I wish I can learn a bit, but after this project

Originally Posted by maxster: Try blend or shellac to create smooth and sharp highlights.

Thats exactly what I mean with: "The Car Shader is not at all finished"

I was looking first to see how the reflections react in the scene and now is time to make the real car shader.

Originally Posted by maxster: And why white color? Just saying, I am not a big fan of white cars.
Go ahead, you are in the right direction.

I pic mostly white colors for testing.
The final render will have another color. As I said now is time to make the car shading.

Cheers!

My Basics Mel Scripts

03 March 2014
I am fine. Thanks! Just got a job. So put a hold to the snail thing and other personal projects.
You can achieve pretty decent results with MR also. And nice result so far for a test render. Is it studio lighting setup? And any photometric lights in the scene? What ever it is, it looks good. waiting to see the final results.

04 April 2014
Originally Posted by maxster: I am fine. Thanks! Just got a job. So put a hold to the snail thing and other personal projects.
You can achieve pretty decent results with MR also. And nice result so far for a test render. Is it studio lighting setup? And any photometric lights in the scene? What ever it is, it looks good. waiting to see the final results.

Hi maxster! CONGRATS! You lucky!
I will like to see your personal projects around here.

Thanks maxster. I know that may be is no vRay, but I will like to be close to vRay Renders using MR.

Originally Posted by maxster: Is it studio lighting setup? And any photometric lights in the scene? What ever it is, it looks good. waiting to see the final results.

Yes it it is. I sjust a studio lighting setup.
I think is a complex studio lighting, but is geving me the result i will like to have.

I had a hard time making the Car_Paint Shader, but now Im moving on to assing the whole materials for the Car.
Im also adding details where i neeed them.

The Headlamps it is finished.

Renderings coming soon...

My Basics Mel Scripts

reply share thread