F-16 (again)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

08 August 2014
Finished up the tail hook mount, paneled out and started detailing the area around the ventral fins. I'd been a bit sloppy earlier and missed some wobbles in my base mesh, which ended up costing me a few hours to fix... Lots of little access panels and hinges to go still.

08 August 2014
awesome dude! very neat modeling! do you have a wireframe image of the last image?

keep up the good work

Watch my NH-90 helicopter animation here

You will find my current project right HERE

08 August 2014
jonathankrijgsman: Cheers, I've got a wire for your perusal.
Work continues, albeit more slowly now that my summer holiday is over.
I've added a few panels I'd forgotten to the top rear part, had to increase the resolution of the panel with the new rounded panels so they wouldn't pinch. If you look at the wires I've posted previously, you'll see that connections between surfaces with different curvatures aren't exactly perfectly quadded. Base meshes for many things are done in a CAD-ish way, with separate shells that have internally perfect edge flow. Which I then cut up along intersections and stitch together to create the final mesh. This helps when you want to upres just one part of a complex-ish mesh.
I've finally found a good reference image for the formation lights on the top rear so those are done as well, they illuminate the tail so you can see the ID numbers at night. On the bottom view, the well for the tail hook and reinforcement plates are new, as well as the rear countermeasure launchers, currently filled with flares.

08 August 2014
You crazy ass awesome piece of excellence!

Awesome detailing there dude. Keep it up!

I look forward to see the full final render in 8K resolution (otherwise the details might be lost in between the pixels )

Keep up the good work!

08 August 2014
Tested out the uvmapping with projection method I considered using earlier, turns out it works decently well. Had to do a bit of cleanup, but not near what it would take to unwrap it in the direct fashion. One thing lead to another, and it now has a textured tail:

08 August 2014
Thanks Straha for the wireframe image, the mesh looks very clean! I like where this is going, especially the textured tail!

Keep it up :-)

Watch my NH-90 helicopter animation here

You will find my current project right HERE

09 September 2014
jonathankrijgsman: Cheers!

Got some work done on this thing again. About time!
Fixed up the engine exhaust, unwrapped and first pass on texture. Also "proper" carbon fibre material on the turkey feathers.

09 September 2014
I looove it very cool detailing.
The only thing that I spotted right away was that the carbon fiber is too clean (highlight breakup etc) and that the burn marks inside on the white repeat themselves.

Looks really great!

Cheers
Andre

10 October 2014
Thanks Andre! I've now introduced variation to the scorch marks. I couldn't find any images of sufficient res to steal from so had to texture from scratch. Will refine later if needed but good enough for now The carbon is actually rather cleanish in my refs, but I've tweaked it to look a bit better none the less... Also added a bit of detail to the augmenter, tons of ventilation holes in there. Metal ring at the base still needs some love though.

Maxster made me want to animate this, so I made up a 3d background for it, so I can get a nice bit of parallax going when the plane goes along. Ground plane with ocean/land + cloud layer. Simple but works pretty well.

10 October 2017
Awesome!
Now render an animation! 

reply share thread