"What goes around, comes around."

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 01 January 2014   #16
Perfect I would just add one vertical bolted seam to the right of the round window to break up this one big piece.

Old 01 January 2014   #17
Great work so far! The shape on the boat looks good, but I do think the rounded edge on the cabin seems odd.

As far as the shark goes, I think most people think of shark teeth as a triangle, rather than the long, round teeth you have now. It also looks like they don't really have that many teeth on the bottom, and they point outwards. That could help give the tongue more room. The mouth in general seems a little cramped, so maybe recessing the lips back and showing some of the gums might make him/her look more hungry?

http://rateeveryanimal.com/wp-conte...shark-mouth.jpg

Old 01 January 2014   #18
Hey AJ,

thx for your reply! I agree with you and ACantarel, that the rounded edge seems a bit odd, so I added another part to break this up.

For the shark, I lifted the lips a bit, i guess it will be clearer when I am texturing the shark and modding it in ZBrush, and I just fixed the teeth. Of course, I forgot, a shark has got more than one row of teeth, so I did 3 rows on the bottom. I also added his rod as a base mesh. What do you say about the 2 models?

thx in advance

Old 01 January 2014   #19
Great concept.

As I was looking at the model of your shark something felt odd and out of place. The more I look at it the more I feel that the gills are backwards facing. Also because they are so deep and pronounced they look kinda alien a creepy for something so cartoony.

Old 01 January 2014   #20
Hey Jackofkings,

this is quite funny, I was so convinced about modelling the gills this way, didn't even care about the reference image. Thx for that advice! Already fixed it in the other direction and flattened it a bit. The little details that we lose while working

And thx for liking my concept

Old 02 February 2014   #21
Hey everybody. Here is my last WIP status of the fisherman. Not finished yet of course, but anyway, how do you like it ?

Old 02 February 2014   #22
Hey there, just started working on textures and fur on the fisherman. here is a little WIP update on the fisherman. How do you like it? Of course, its not finished, will do more on textures and sculpting, but for being not visible this close, I will not take too much time on every wrinkle in his face

Old 02 February 2014   #23
Concept is fanastic. Shark & Boat are very nice.

Great expression on the fisherman, but I think the coat need more work.

Old 12 December 2014   #24
Hey everyone, sorry for that super long pause on this project. I really wanted to go ahead, but had so much work... Here is a next update where I textured everything a bit and already build it into the concept photoshop file to play around with the moods. Of course it is not finished yet, but I did some research on texturing as this was my workflow bottleneck, so, its gettin, slowely but going forward

reply share thread