My First 3D attempt WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2014   #61
You might have tried relaxing the mesh with Smooth (set on small Z Intensity). That can often pull the quads around, especially like where you needed when you adjusted the head/neck position.

It would have helped if the original mesh started with an open mouth. If you are simply going to do a pose, and not animate it, what I generally do for a posed, not animated, piece is first do all of my symmetrical work with dynamesh in a neutral pose, pose the piece and then remesh, and clean up.

If you wind up wanting to render your scene outside of ZBrush, you're going to have to face the problem of eventually having to deal with creating meshes manually. Even when I use the ZRemesher, there is still plenty I have to do by hand to fix the mesh. You can start with a dynasphere or something, build forms, set up gestures, and leave off remeshing until you are getting ready to export the mesh.

If you don't mind a lot of limitations, and having to do a bit of post in photoshop, you CAN get by with just rendering in ZBrush (hair still looks rather artificial though).... at least if you are only doing mock-ups/concept pieces....

If you have to do anything outside of ZBrush, learning to create meshes and retopology, and practice practice practice is the only real solution.

Old 01 January 2014   #62
well the original mesh was done in max but then remeshed in zbrush so maybe go back to the original and just keep the topology create a duplicate zremesh the duplicate and sculpt all my details then project all back onto the original mesh and I will still have the original topoly of the original with all the detailing of zbrush?

Old 01 January 2014   #63
Make a duplicate of what you've sculpted details on, select the duplicate tool, and import the .obj. When you import, ZBrush will try to apply the details onto the mesh you import, any discrepancies are masked so you can adjust those areas by hand with the Morph brush, etc.

Just read the directions it gives you when you import the .obj on top of your detailed piece. You may still have to do some tweaking, but it's pretty streamlined considering.

Old 01 January 2014   #64
well here is last night and this mornings work. made from dynamesh. I started to really define some muscle structure and work out how the other arms would blend and think I got it pretty convincing. this is from Boris version of the white apes from john carter series not the ugly ones used in the movie.

Old 01 January 2014   #65
so today I will work on this lil guy he is really cute and think would be cool all fleshed out and rendered

Old 01 January 2014   #66
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread