Sarah Kain - Young vampire

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2013   #1
Sarah Kain - Young vampire

Hi,

I never really do a female model, always men. So here my first wip of a personal project character: Sarah Kain, a young vampire.

She probably 5'3" height and I base my head on the singer Lorde . For the body, I rely on Aneta from 3d.sk because she 5'3" too.

Last edited by Scote : 12 December 2013 at 07:17 PM.

Old 12 December 2013   #2
Hey!
did you render in a perspective view? the right arm on the left picture looks odd.
and could you should us some wireframe too?
keep on it and good luck

Old 12 December 2013   #3
The wireframe is not so good for now. I use Rmesher from Zbrush for now. There few edge flow that need to be redo.

But I can share of course. But It's very dense for now.

I guest there a little perspective in it. But I reduce a lot of the effect. I can share front and side view, It will be better.

Old 01 January 2014   #4
The mesh is going okay so far. Just a few changes that I think can make this base mesh look better, I hope these will help you:

Last edited by MissOptimist : 01 January 2014 at 02:58 AM.

Old 01 January 2014   #5
Yah that's help a bit. But she wear a bra in the end and she haven't big boobs lol. But the other correction should help thanks buddy

Last edited by Scote : 01 January 2014 at 06:35 AM.

Old 01 January 2014   #6
Some nice solid stuff in the figure. I like the legs in the front view and back view, they look really grounded. The model is falling backwards in the side view atm. Most figures or characters have a rhythm running through them and that means the limbs match with every part. It looks like you are being very careful and are trying to make a perfect figure too early on in the process which can stop you experimenting.

It is just opinion but it might help if you collect a number of images that illustrate what you are trying to achieve like a mood board. This will help others give you better crits. If the character is exceptional (like a vampire) then the figure should communicate that. This seems obvious but right now the body looks very generic and there isnt much shaping going on and with a high res model like you have right now it will be difficult to inject the forms needed to amp up the message.

Love your printrest example btw, got that bookmarked
Cheerio

Old 01 January 2014   #7
Just been messing with the zremesher. You should use the curves brush and get the res of your mesh way down so you can play more with it.

Cheers

Old 01 January 2014   #8
Thanks Christ for the critics. I don't see my model falling backward in my side view. I really match the ref of Aneta. And she probably in thatstable pose for minutes can you explain more?

For teh vampire part, it's not very clear that's she a vampire. But in the story (there will be it) she a new born so, I use a delicate model to represent her and she will have two fangs marks on the neck that's it. I will create other characters base on that same story maybe there will be more obvious.

Old 01 January 2014   #9
I have to agree with Chris. It could be a simple fix of moving the feet back a couple of inches so her center of gravity was better supported. Right now it looks like it's at the back of her heel.

She also needs a bit more of a bulge on the inside of the knee. The femur sticks out more on the inside. The sartorius cuts the thigh in two creating an inner upper thigh bulge that tapers to the sartorius and then you get the femur bulge. You've sort of got it, but it's a bit too subtle, especially for a female. The increased fat and higher Q angle makes it more pronounced in women.
http://www.3d.sk/photos/show/id/1675
http://www.3d.sk/photos/show/id/1695

I'm familiar with the Aneta set but not the pose you have for your model, so that might explain why it's a bit off here and there, especially the shoulders and chest. If that's the pose you want, then I'd hunt for reference that matched it better. Aneta was one of the earlier sets. There aren't as many poses, plus he wasn't using the rotating stand yet so there's greater discrepancies between views since the model would have to reposition herself. Look through the sets and you'll see some with stands and some without.

Old 01 January 2014   #10
Yah I know some models haven't the rotation stand. It's better with. Thanks for the critics by the way.

I use photoshop to create the pose. Don't like the T stand the way it was shot.

I would like to share these refs but it's like giving something that no body will pay the site(it's based on a paid product after all).

Any way, There will be some update based on your critics this week

Old 01 January 2014   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread