nick's stuff (mostly characters)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 11 November 2013   #16
Made a few changes to the face. I think it's better now. I'll probably spend some more time on it at a lower subdivision level though.

Also I updated the rocks in my composition. The topology is horrendous on that thing!

Last edited by nfd77 : 11 November 2013 at 04:26 PM.

Old 11 November 2013   #17
Its important to spend time at lower subdivision level to get the proper shape.

Its looks better now, but the cheeks can still have more volume. Still a bit sunk in.

The bump on her face can be tone down a little, she looks like a reptile now.

Old 11 November 2013   #18
Yeah I really just need to spend more time on the sculpt :P Thanks for the comments, it's been a big help.

Old 11 November 2013   #19
A little bit more work on the face. Focused more on proportions rather than detail. I realize the eyes are huge, that is intentional. Fine details next I guess.

Old 11 November 2013   #20
Uh, so I'm reworking the clothing. I wasn't really happy with what I had before. The transparency map method that I was using made it feel like they didn't have any volume. My workflow is super backwards now but I'm kinda learning a lot as I go.

Old 11 November 2013   #21
Maybe with a little thiner neck the model will look more female.

Lucas Weij

Old 11 November 2013   #22
Much improved, the face. If you do not mind, I will make some piantovers in the next days (when time premitted) to lightlight what can be further improve. Its not easy sometimes just to explain.

Last edited by PKD : 11 November 2013 at 12:34 PM.

Old 11 November 2013   #23
@luck6 That's a great suggestion. It does seem a little too wide to me now that I look at it. Thanks.

@PKD That would be awesome. If you need any better screenshots let me know.

Old 11 November 2013   #24
See my paintovers. These are only suggestions. I think the pictures are self explained. But if you have questions, I can always clarify.

Old 11 November 2013   #25
Hey this is really great, I like the suggestion for the eyes. I'm going to use quite a few of these actually.

I really appreciate it. I'll post an update once I'm done making changes.

Old 11 November 2013   #26
An additional point for the clothing. You need to made under folding 'U' at edge of clothing in clothing to create a sense of volume. 1 cm (1/2 inch) is enough.

Some more pointers.
- Neck can be thinner
- Head can be wider in the side view. Its too narrow at the moment.

I do not know how far you wanted to push this project, but should you wanted to push further, I still have many suggestions & area I think can still be improve, if you do not mind listening.

Of course, you may wanted also to moved on, & I can give you tips for your next character model.

The 2 things that you cannot ask me, is lighting & rendering, as I suck at these.

Old 11 November 2013   #27
Honestly I should have just left the project where it was at and moved on. It's kind of turning into a girl that randomly has wings rather than a fairy. But that's okay, it has been good practice.

I would still be interested to suggestions though if you got time. It's always nice to hear how I can improve. At this point I'm probably going to texture what I got and throw the rig up on creative crash. I'll post a render when I'm all done too.

thanks again

Old 11 November 2013   #28

Just going to clean up my textures, throw the rig back on, and move on.

Old 11 November 2013   #29
Been a while, not much to update on.

I'm making a female base mesh for future projects. I have the topology how I like, but the face is looking really weird to me. I can't quite pinpoint what is wrong with it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I ended this project at this point.

I'll be posting the rig for this guy as soon as the dudes at CreativeCrash accept it.

Old 12 December 2013   #30
Alright, on to the next one.

Male, raggedy, punk. Needs a coat, sweatshirt, and maybe a bit of an under shirt showing. Blue jeans, boots. That's the basic idea. Everything very worn.

I'm going to focus on small parts at a time so I force myself to refine them as much as possible before moving on.

Starting on the head first:

Going a bit higher resolution for this one. I really want to start on the hair, It's going to be a lot of fun.

reply share thread