UH-60 Blackhawk (High poly model)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2013   #1
UH-60 Blackhawk (High poly model)

Hi,
Here is my work in progress of a blackhawk modeled in Maya. I think the modeling part is finished. Now working on shading and later will be animating also. Please give me your feedback, suggestion and tips to create realistic texturing.

Waiting for valuable suggestions
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BlackHawk_1.jpg (61.3 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg BlackHawk_2.jpg (65.4 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg BlackHawk_13.jpg (72.7 KB, 75 views)

Old 10 October 2013   #2
Impressive model I'd say, love to see what you'll do with the textures

Cobra 6
LinkedIn

Old 10 October 2013   #3
Thanks joep for the word, seems like its hard to get feedback from here :(
Anyways posting some more pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BlackHawk_4.jpg (48.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg BlackHawk_7.jpg (73.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg BlackHawk_10.jpg (57.8 KB, 32 views)

Old 10 October 2013   #4
Nah it's just the audience here, most of them are only interested in slick futuristic vehicles or half naked women, don't take it personally

There are still enough of us around that appreciate military vehicles enough, don't worry! But since there are fewer they might take longer to reply or find your thread.
My P-47 thread has been on here for ages and it only attracts replies for about 4-6 people if it attracts attention at all.

Cobra 6
LinkedIn

Old 10 October 2013   #5
Thumbs up

Thanks joep for the info just working on the texturing part here, will post more pics soon.... Glad to find someone interested in military vehicles

Old 10 October 2013   #6
Ha nice, another chopper here
Very detailed work so far, I like it!

I just noticed a few differences compared to the original Black Hawk shapes.
Have a look at this image.

You should try to get those base shapes right before you move on into further detailing and texturing. Also try to keep gaps small and tight for the right scale.

It's a cool model and you can do a lot with it

Cheers
Andre

Old 10 October 2013   #7
Hi Andre Cantarel,
Wow, Guess what......? i was following you for the shading purpose. I like your Hawk and the animation you have done. A big fan here And feeling good, you pick my post and found time to point out those flaws. Now i am working on the texture part already unwrapped the model, will also be baking for gaming purposes. And also working on another reel of mine.. Yah, i know these shouldn't be excuses to cover the flaws. But still i can made some changes that you pointed out.
Once again thank you very much for the inspiration.

Old 10 October 2013   #8
Hello everyone. Here is the shaded version of the blackhawk. Just painted my best in photoshop. Hope its not that bad. Now planning on the animation part.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (79.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (91.5 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (67.8 KB, 36 views)

Old 10 October 2013   #9
Hmm I think your texture looks a bit too generic and it could use some dirt as well.
Have a look at this guy:

Also your specular is too generic and could use some breakup cause by dirt. Also see how dull the paint is.

You have a good base, now throw plenty of photo material into your texture

Cheers
Andre

Old 10 October 2013   #10
Hi Andre Cantarel. Yes you are true. it looks too generic. Thanks for pointing em out. Surely i will be working on it. I would like to know how you achieved that grungy metal look, what kind of bump you used for that. I like that grungy look. Can you please share that bump map with me if i am not asking too much. Once again thank you for replying right on time.

Old 10 October 2013   #11
I've always been a fan of aircraft models and I do like what you've produced so far. It flows very well and everything looks spot on. I agree with the textures being a bit bland but still a good result nonetheless. I wouldn't mind using that in one of my videos, quite honestly. Can't wait to see further results!

Old 10 October 2013   #12
The weathering on that texture is way too uniform to be realistic.

Paint always comes off for a reason, be that because the surface is hit by debris or lot or because it generally sees lots of wear and tear (for instance foot steps, access panels and other stuff that gets used a lot).

Dirt always heaps up more in crevices and areas where it's less likely to fall or blow off. You will hardly see dirt on large flat surfaces (unless they are top surfaces) unless the vehicle has just come out of a desert flight or something.

Cobra 6
LinkedIn

Old 10 October 2013   #13
Thumbs up

Thanks @IvansNotHome for the appreciation and @cobra6 for the advice. Sure i will post some new pics when i am done with it.
Thanks guys.

Old 10 October 2013   #14
Some new renders with some added grunge and dust. Reflection and specularity also has been changed as per your suggestion friends. Thanks you all for your advice My next step is to rig this and animate with fumes and stuffs. Hope so far is good.

Old 10 October 2013   #15
Oops, A common mistake in all those renders. i forgot to unhide the rivets. Anyways posting one more render with rivets this time

Thread Closed share thread