(WIP) Noob Box Modeling

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2013
(WIP) Noob Box Modeling

Before Z Brush
----------------------------------------------------

09 September 2013
A couple of questions on this. First, what is your intention for this model, a caricature?, what reference are you using, and finally could you post some wires of this section. I think your thread needs to provide more of a context...

09 September 2013
New photos

I modeled this freehand to test the nose thats something ive had problems with.
I seen a tutorial last night and i tried it and for this picture it makes me happy that i got the nose in there.

Last edited by dbztoolkit : 09 September 2013 at 07:12 PM.

09 September 2013
That looks like a good start from the front, however the face is really lacking the needed depth in the right places. The profile view really shows this: Instead of pulling the tip of the nose out forward from the face, you've pushed the cheeks back inward to create the shape you want for the nostrils, leaving a perfectly vertical nose. Pulling the nose and the cheeks forward until the nose slopes back towards the brow–almost to the point at which you have the front of the nose–will help a lot.

09 September 2013
Understanding faces...

With all modelling has a natural topology (flow or contours) and something as organic as a face or whole human for that matter has a more complex workflow. Firstly, I would collect as much facial reference as possible (with different facial expressions also) men and women.

All faces have the same blueprint just with various degrees of muscle in certain areas (hence all our differences) I personally think you need a grounding to help you understand facial topology first.

09 September 2013
This ain't the best topology around, but try replicating this anyway. You will understand the flow better.

09 September 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread