a breadseller

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 09 September 2013   #1
a breadseller

hello guys i need your help on this project i am working titled "bread seller" (in my country some people carry there goods on there head as they go about there business cause it mobile, people can easily be reached by customers. this is an example of one of such people), its been a long time since i made anything and so i decided to create this. i am starting this project from scrap using zbrush. i need your comments, advice, criticism e.t.c as a make this. so far this is how far i have gone, i know i can just take an already made model and do it better, but that would be to easy. so what do you think
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bread seller Capture1.jpg (24.2 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by naves : 09 September 2013 at 03:18 PM.

Old 09 September 2013   #2
hears an update

this is an up date of what i have done so far, please comment ant tell me what you think

Old 09 September 2013   #3
If I'm not wrong I think the upper area of a female torso looks a bit rounder and smoother.

Old 09 September 2013   #4
Smile

i know, and i am not too worried about it cause i will still cover it with cloth. because this is the first time i am doing something like this (this is the first time i am making a human), so i want to do every part as real as posible even though it mwy not be see later

Old 09 September 2013   #5
Originally Posted by naves: i know, and i am not too worried about it cause i will still cover it with cloth. because this is the first time i am doing something like this (this is the first time i am making a human), so i want to do every part as real as posible even though it mwy not be see later

From my POV, doing the entire human form is sort of like climbing Mt. Everest or K2...it's not actually just one technical feat but a compendium of thousands of individual technical feats each of which that have to be mastered before you make a serious approach upon the whole mountain; Traverses, glacier ice walls, rock cracks, overhangs, deep snow covered ridges with overhangs...you have to be good at all of them before you expect to ascend that mountain. I suggest breaking your task into managable parts.. Even great artists like Rodin or Houdon did thousands of studies of hands, thumbs even, feet, knee joints, eyes, ears, the skull...

Last edited by AncienRegime : 09 September 2013 at 11:40 PM.

Old 09 September 2013   #6
For a sculpt, I think you've started out with too many poly's. its hard to manage all those poly's at such a high res in the beginning forming stages. Overall i think you should have got your general proportions and placement set before you moved on to fine details like a collar bone and belly button.

Old 09 September 2013   #7
sorry for the late update

sorry i have not been online i a while so i did not see your comments on time (had a problem with my internet)
so far this is how far i have come the woman is wearing a sleeveless top and she is tiring a wrapper around her upper body i decided to add a child thats why the back is like that .now my major problem is the "cloth fold" i not sure how to do it. this i the best i can do for now.

@AncienRegime there are many ways in which an object can be designed, as there are many ways to learn. yes i agree that it would be good to master each part individually, but that method dose not work for me. i would rather take up a big task and learn from as i progress. if i reach a bump i would research on that topic and find a solution. thats how i learn. and this project is like a test to myself to see how far i can go(or how much i can do in zbrush.

@INKMAN002 i am using dynamesh for the work, and at that point my total polycount was 250,000(which is pretty low compared to now). i used dynermesh cause for me it is easier and i wont have to worry about sub divide. and mistakes are easy to correct

Old 10 October 2013   #8
hears an update

hears is another update, i am working on the face now,and since ii want this sculpt to be a challenge, i am not using anybodies face that i know, instead i am taking different parts from different peoples face and making them into one.

Old 10 October 2013   #9
Why do you model in high subdivision. You should start with low polygons count by bloking the shape..

Old 10 October 2013   #10
Smile dynermesh

@ Scote i started the project using dynermesh so by default it gave a high resolution

Old 10 October 2013   #11
Smile

hello guys, am still working on the bread seller project. so far i have left the face and moved on to another part i will return to the face later. right now i am working on the child that the woman is carrying. and i must say that making a child is not as easy as i expected.
note: thanks, i now understand when you said that my subdivision was high, but right now its too late to change, i did not understand cause i was using dynamesh but i will keep that in mind.
i need a lot of help on this project cause i would be traveling in a few weeks time and i wont be able to continue.

i really need help mainly on the next step which is texteuring/painting i have no idea how to do it and i have not found and good tutorial on how to.

Old 10 October 2013   #12
Hey!

Right now it seems that the head of child is so far up in subdivisions that it makes it hard to sculpt. From experience (not much ) but it is a pain to try to sculpt the overall shape of things - as you do here for the main constituents of the head. Try to lower the subdivisions. If it is already that high, I would suggest starting again. Trust me, this way you will save a lot of time sculpting plus the model will look much cleaner!

As for the texturing in zbrush, I am afraid I do not have much experience with that but a quick google search will give you nice tutorials

Keep it up!

Old 10 October 2013   #13
message recived but

thanks, but i still dont understand what high sub-division has to do with dynamesh right now that baby is not up to 600 thousand polygons. but any way i will move on to other areas and when i am done i will redo the whole thing if there is still time

Old 10 October 2013   #14
new update

hello once again. hears another update on my model.am still working on the baby on her back, i wanted to make as real as i can, so i brought one of the hands down so i can model it. so it would look as if the hand is falling out. and that's one of the reason i like and dynermesh i can easily add parts to my model.

Old 07 July 2014   #15
almost done

i know this post has been inactive for some time, but i have been busy with school and now work. in my spear time i have been working on the bread seller project, now its almost done. i have finished making the child that she is carrying and i have done some editing to the cloths.

for those who dont understand what i am saying, am sorry but my old image url site (cg hubs) has closed down, so all my previous images are gone, so i will upload a few them from the beginning to the most resent

what do you think?

reply share thread