Ferrari 250 GT0 (1963)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2013   #46
looking is very good & very good details i like it
keep on & good luck

Old 09 September 2013   #47
Thank u m8

Another little step.

Old 09 September 2013   #48
Here's the padded leather central tunnel and the mats with 3D seams. In these viewport shaded shots it looks quite poor but once textured it will look better.

Old 10 October 2013   #49
I'm keeping on the interior, and, apart from some buttons on the dashboard and the door handles, the geometry is finished. It's quite basical and not very detailed but for some external shots it should be enough.
I'm showing a wired and 2 shaded viewports.

Old 10 October 2013   #50
While I can't speak to the accuracy because I don't have any photos to compare with,I will say that it looks mighty clean. Are you sticking with NURBs all the way or eventually surfacing with polys?

Btw, I love that you actually cut the grooves for the grille slats into the main oval. Nice touch
Maxda RX-8: Devil Mod {Carbon Drip Edition}
Toyota Celica Custom
Bugatti Veyron

Old 10 October 2013   #51
Hi Brandon
Thanks for your works. About my technique, i've started with Sketch Up 2 years ago, then i've suddenly switched to Rhino, so it can be said i know NURBS only. Besides, for what i've understood, Sketch Up lacks the most of the features of more refined polygonal softwares as Softimage or Modo i.e , so basically i don't know polygonal modeling.

Old 10 October 2013   #52
The interior's geometry is finished, so the whole car. The modeling part is now completed.
Here's some viewport shot of some details and an overall interior's view. It doesn't mean to be highly detailed anyway, because my purpose, as i've said, is to give more realism to the next external renders.

Old 10 October 2013   #53
Final touch, depth to the flat panels. Now i'll do some renders of this, then i'll switch to model the 3D environment and finally i'll be ready to render the whole thing.
I'm thinking right now i could model the safety belts too, bah, i don't know, what do u think?

Old 10 October 2013   #54
First renders of the finished interior. Please click on the pic for better res.

Last edited by Kangaltwo : 10 October 2013 at 12:54 PM.

Old 10 October 2013   #55
EDIT of previous post:
Well, if anyone is following this (and i've some doubts...lol) i've to say that these aren't exactly renders, since i didn't push the render button. All that i did was to set lights and materials, then after some minutes i've stopped the real time render saving 2 screenshots. The next one will be a true render. Sorry for not being been precise in the previous post.

Old 10 October 2013   #56
So, this is the first true render of the interior thing.

Old 10 October 2013   #57
Great looking model!
Well, if anyone is following this (and i've some doubts...lol)

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?f=43&t=1116990

I think the only thing your model is missing is presentation, materials and lighting if I compare it to a thread you know well. Cars are really difficult to do because so many people do them. To get a lot of reactions the work has to be extra ordinary. Actually that goes for all models. The tread above is a good example of that. I know engineers love orthographic projection but most people like perspective shots. It looks like there is no leg room in the interior, where are the pedals?

Great modeling man.
Cheerio

Old 10 October 2013   #58
@ Mr. Chris Kautz

Thank u so much for your words about my model (pedals are missing since i haven't found any ref ).
About the renders, i have to agree completely. That's why i'm basically an automotive modeler, i think as an engineer, and i work following this state of mind. So, i've no experience at all about presentations and related stuff. This is also the reason why i usually stop my works at the clay state. I'd like to learn as soon as how to do nice renders, and i'm trying to get as much infos as possible in this unexplored (for me) field, otherwise mine will be always half works , nothing more. Since the beginning 've focused all my energies toward pure and naked geometry, surfacing, curvatures, ignoring completely the presentation . Now it would be the right time to close the circle learning more about renderings. About the link, this is what mainly differentiates BKS (a mate of mine on SMCars) from me, he owes great rendering skills, i haven't at all currently instead.
Thank u Chris for your honest and clear opinion

Last edited by Kangaltwo : 10 October 2013 at 06:46 PM.

Old 10 October 2013   #59
You should only concentrate on the presentation if you want the work you have made to appeal to more people. That is not always important, but I noticed in your comments you were missing feedback and I thought that the reason might be presentation. The clay renders of your car exterior look very high quality to me.

Old 10 October 2013   #60
@ Chris Kautz
Thanks again for spending time to reply, really appreciated. I've seen your site and wow, awesome works.
Said taht, i think i'll focus my effort assigning every material and texturing the exterior. So, once the model will be ready, i'll think how to set the scene. I wouldn't the usual HDRI, i'd like to model my own 3D environment. I have some ideas but quite confused. I'd appreciate alot some tips from u, i mean some good ideas to develop. I have Vue 10 Xtream (i've just downloaded it so i'm at the beginning) so maybe it could help.
Thanks in advance.

Thread Closed share thread