Old 11-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #61
anna1
Expert

portfolio
Anna Huber
3D Artist
Germany

Hey,

I started to work on the hairy guy again. Changed a couple of things but it is not final yet. So there has been a mesh beforehand, but I think it just didn't show through. Hopefully it is better now. So I divided the hair parts into two parts to get the hairband free as kiteman suggested, but I let a couple of strands fall over it, so it doesn't look too decent. As well as I changed the feet, I think they look better now, but I am not completely happy with the legs yet. I looked into stork and flamingo legs, but I am still not 100% convinced by the currently look.

Anna

Old 11-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #62
anna1
Expert

portfolio
Anna Huber
3D Artist
Germany

Just wanted to get away from the hairy guy for a little time, so I did the changes at the girl and the flying monster. The eyes of both characters have been changed and it looks so much better now, so thanks a lot for this advice and I changed the girl's thumb as well. Oh and I had to go back to the older VRAY version for some time, so don't wonder, if the colors are looking a little bit different.

Then I ran over a really strange problem, it is only happening with the flying monster, but I don't know why. I have material tags on it which are linked to a polygon selection. So far it works perfectly. But as soon as I am switching on my sculpting tag, the polygon selections are not working anymore. Then only the material on the left side is shown and the other ones are ignored. Has anyone have this problem before?

Have a nice Sunday and feedback and critics are as always very welcome

Anna

Old 11-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #63
anna1
Expert

portfolio
Anna Huber
3D Artist
Germany

Hey,

I just started to pose the characters into the scene, after I did some corrections. I have only done the basic poses, still have to work on their face etc. and adjust color and light, as it is now a little bit different. I will add DoF later on as well. But I guess you will get an overall idea

Feedback and critics are as always very welcome

Thanks a lot

Anna

Old 11-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #64
nfd77
Aspiring Artist

portfolio
Nick DuPree
Chicago, USA

Love the characters; They have a lot of, well, character.

I think you could spread them out a little bit in the composition. It feels a little clustered right now. Like maybe have the big guy in front and the plant guy behind them catching up to the action.

Looking good!

Old 11-13-2013, 10:48 PM   #65
luck6
PRO

portfolio
lucas weij
look dev artist
Castricum, Netherlands

Send a message via MSN to luck6
Maybe with some more movement in the characters, it will make it look more like a race.

Lucas Weij

Old 11-14-2013, 06:06 AM   #66
uriman2004
Veteran
portfolio
Uri Wollner
Israel

As already stated, spreading out the characters will be a good idea.

The blue guy seems to be hovering a bit, but I figure you probably noticed that as well
and I hope you have not abandoned the slimy trail in the blue guy's wake.

Looking awesome! Keep it up!

Old 11-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #67
anna1
Expert

portfolio
Anna Huber
3D Artist
Germany

thanks so much for your feedback. I think you are all right about the spreading them out, but I have some more characters, who have to fit in, so I will wait until they are inside as well and then spread them more out

@ uriman2004 I didn't abandoned the saliva, just switched it off by accident but in the next update, it will be on again ^^

Have a lovely evening and I am just working on the next update right this second

Anna

Old 11-15-2013, 02:50 AM   #68
ACantarel
Helicopter-Guy

portfolio
Andre Cantarel
CG Model Supervisor
santa Monica, USA

Good to see the group coming together!
Image composition wise, try how it looks like when you flip the whole group so they look towards the left. Right now it feels compressed to the right side of the frame.
Ican imagine that the blue guy looks cooler when you put some goo shader on it. Just like the fat alien instructor in Pixar's UFO short

Cheers
Andre

Old 11-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #69
anna1
Expert

portfolio
Anna Huber
3D Artist
Germany

Hey,

just another update. I added the hairy guy, just for checking how it looks. One is definitely still missing and I might even create another new one.

As you all suggested, I will spread them all out and do some more work on the textures etc. The blue hair is still looking too dark, so I will change it as well.

The idea with the character's shader from lifted is great Really good inspiration.

Then I have of course to do some texturing on the environment, but that will come later. Firstly I want to get the characters right.

I haven't forgotten the DoF and Motion Blur, but I will add it later on.

So thanks you all so much for your feedback and have a nice evening

Anna

Old 11-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #70
Tombery
Expert

portfolio
Sebastian Peters
Germany

Send a message via ICQ to Tombery
Freaky work, I miss more form proportion, but all in all cool scene, the vegetable is my favorite.
keep it up!

Old 11-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #71
anna1
Expert

portfolio
Anna Huber
3D Artist
Germany

Thanks a lot, I will definitely do some more work on this. Posing, faces, textures, light etc.

I tried out some different compositing of the characters. I think I like the third version the most, although the second one is not that bad either. So it's a hard decision

Anna

Old 11-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #72
anna1
Expert

portfolio
Anna Huber
3D Artist
Germany

Hey,

just another update on my image. I mainly worked on the posing of the yellow character in the middle and did some work on the eyes of the flying monster and the girl. I also added some grass to the ground, stones on the way, although I think I will change them to another shape, and put some leaves on the trees to get an idea how the whole thing looks. Now it looks a little bit dark so I have to adjust the light. As well as I find the camera perspective a little bit boring, so I will change this, too. The samples will be turn up in the final rendering.

Have a nice Sunday

Anna

Old 11-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #73
uriman2004
Veteran
portfolio
Uri Wollner
Israel

Hey Anna,

I think it is coming along nicely.

I thing the expression on the yellow guy portrays a surprised look on his face
There is a tail of droplets coming from the girl just near the back of her.
Is it from the hairy guy being knocked back?

About the camera perspective, may want to try to shoot the still from the bottom, near the end track flag. (Just thinking... Not sure how good it will be )

Keep it up!

Old 11-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #74
PKD
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Kiadaw Phua
Hobbyist not Hobbit
Germany

Cool composition, Remind me of Monster University.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #75
mister3d
Expert

portfolio
asdasd adsasd
Kiev, Ukraine

I'd reduce the saturation of green grass, and would make the girl\s hair more readable by making the tree behind lighter.

Thread Closed share thread