Snapshot

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2013   #31
Anna! Really great texturing on the plant, the plant "Arms" Looks abit thin could use some thickness, looking forward for your next updates! (:

Old 08 August 2013   #32
nice project Anna . hope you'll keep going on !

Old 08 August 2013   #33
thanks you two. I will definitely keeping going. I am just having so much stuff to do at the moment, that I don't have much time during the week. But I already made one arm thicker, as MeMo45 suggested and it looks better. I will do it with the other one as well, as soon as I have a free minute. I've got lots of plans for this project, so I am really looking forward to my next free minute

Old 08 August 2013   #34
Hi everyone,

here is another update on the plant with thicker arms. Looks much better and I started with the next character as well. Just put some basic colours on the body. There are no textures on the teeth, horns and eyes yet. I still have to decide on the colour. The teeth are going to be white and the horns maybe some purpleish. But the eyes will be interesting. Maybe blue as well. Although it might be too much blue in this case, but I will see. Currently I am still sorting out the overall look. I wanted to give him a jelly like look, a little translucent, but with some thicknes on the skin. So that it looks, that if someone is throwing something at him, it might bounce back. At the moment it is just looking like wet plastic and I don't like it very much. So has anyone a good idea, how to achieve this look. I was playing around a lot with translucent, fresnel etc. but didn't get it really work.

Have a lovely weekend

Anna

Old 08 August 2013   #35
Hehe, i love this blue character also, so funny and expressive. Keep on, great work so far !
About the plant, it's lovely, and the chlorophyll coming out as saliva is a refined detail. I'm not persuaded about the hole in the vase where the ''legs'' get out. I think it'd need more gap and maybe some wreck.

Last edited by Kangaltwo : 08 August 2013 at 05:34 PM.

Old 09 September 2013   #36
The plant looks really cool, kinda Super Mario style!
Are you planning to rig and animate those guys as well?

Cheers
Andre

Old 09 September 2013   #37
@Kangaltwo thanks a lot you are absolutely right about the whole in the pot. I definitely have to do some more work on it, getting the edges sharper and the whole thing more wrecked.

@ACantarel they are already rigged, mainly to pose them, but I haven't thought about animating them yet. To be honest, I am a little bit concerned about the rendertimes of the whole scene. As a still image, I don't care, if it takes some time. But as an animation, it might take very very long. But I will see how it works. Maybe I find some good way to balance the whole thing out. Next update is on its way hopefully tomorrow or the day after tomorrow It has been very busy here.

Anna

Old 09 September 2013   #38
Hey,

just another update on my characters. I worked on the crack of the plant's pot. Now it is sharper and more edgy.

As well as I worked on the textures on the blue character. I am actually starting to get into the right direction. At the moment I think, that the horns have a too strong colour and that the teeth are too white. There is no structure in them anymore. So I am going to change this as well. Oh and I am going to change his position as well.

Have a lovely Sunday and feedback is as as always very welcome

Anna

Old 09 September 2013   #39
Hello.
I see u have largely improved the vase, very well done
The blue character is coming along so nicely!

Old 09 September 2013   #40
Hey,

I just did some more work on the blue character, put some eye texture on him, changed the horns' colour a little bit and just started to play around with face expressions. But only for fun, this is not the final pose and expression yet. I was wondering, if anyone has some good advice for the eyes. I want to give them some depth. In my opinion they are still looking a little bit flat.

Have a lovely evening

Anna

Old 09 September 2013   #41
Hey everyone,

it has been very silent around them, but here is another update on the blue character. I gave him some face expressions and did some more work on the textures.

Currently I am working on the hair of the girl and unwrapping the uvws. But there is nothing interesting to see yet.

Feedback is as always very welcome. Have a lovely evening

Anna

Old 09 September 2013   #42
Hey lady! Sorry I disappeared for a while.. school's been intense. Anyway! This is looking awesome I love the carnivorous plant, and the blue guy's starting to look cool Quick question though, are the stripes on his cheeks supposed to be like eye black/paint? Or are they supposed to be part of the anatomy? I do kind of like them! they add a bit more depth to the character

Old 09 September 2013   #43
Hey!
First time posting here so bear with me.
I really like the characters!
The plant is just amazing, and the cute blue fiendish character looks good.
Since it is a race you are trying to stage, perhaps some sweat coming out from the blue guy is in order?
So little droplets here and there on the forehead and under the arms as they guy fighting its way to the finish line.

Maybe add some crevices to the teeth. Particularly to the lower ones. Don't they look a bit "blocky"?

Really looking forward for some updates!
cheers!

Old 09 September 2013   #44
Hey Mister, hope school was alright. How did your Cyberpunk self portait come out at the end. Haven't heard about it for a while. To be honest I am not sure about the stripes. The inspiration came from the american football players, but it looked to flat, so I thought I give it some depth. Currently I am not sure, if they are part of the anatomy or just painted on. I have to think about it

@uriman2004 thanks a lot for you comment Giving the blue character some sweat is a great idea, I'll do it as soon as I have some time and you are perfectly right about the tooth as well. I should make them more different and add some crevices to them.

So thanks a lot for your feedback and the next update will come very soon

Old 09 September 2013   #45
Thanks lady and school is still going! It's the reason I haven't been able to keep working on my portrait :\ We start a still life in about 3 weeks, so I'll probably start a post on that, and there's a sculpt or two I should post. Anyway! Enough about me!

Like the man says, the sweat is an interesting idea, and I'd love to see it
Good stuff, keep it up!

Thread Closed share thread