Cyber Cheetah

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
Cyber Cheetah

Inspired by tons of great post-apocalypthic / cyber stuff here, this is my new project, a sort of cyber robot cheetah walking in a Blade Runner like environment, which i'll model after.
This is what i have so far, everything is still very WIP, just to give u an overall idea.
Working with Rhino of course.

Last edited by Kangal : 07 July 2013 at 11:31 PM.

07 July 2013
Work out your joints better, they are almost cartoonish. Well, if you are going for realistic style. I'd recommended take references of both various robots AND cheetah anatomy (literally anatomy, not just photos of cats in the wild). It helps to understand how it must be able to move and in which parts. [s]Also chest looks like hot-dog on second picture )[/s]

07 July 2013
@ Darth-Biomech

Wait, wait.
Well, as i've said in the post, it's still very WIP, basically all that u see will be changed or improved. Anyway, i've no interest at all to model a realistic robot, since doesn't exist anywhere a true working robot cheetah, apart from some attempts with primitive movements. So every referement to something of realistic is purely senseless in the Sci-Fi and cyber-underground field. The word ''sci-fi'' itself means fictional science, so, being fictional it's not related to anything of realistic.
And yes, it's not ''almost cartoonish''...it's just cartoonish since i'm getting inspiration by the Kyashan's dog.
Anyway thanks for your feedback, even if i'm not going to follow it .
Cheers

Last edited by Kangal : 07 July 2013 at 01:59 PM.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Kangal: Anyway, i've no interest at all to model a realistic robot, since doesn't exist anywhere a true working robot cheetah, apart from some attempts with primitive movements.

Same applies to androids as well, and yet we are not designing "box with two tentacles and antennas" from 30-s today... non-realistic robots usually don't mix with realistic cyberpunk setting very well. I do believe that if one is designing robot, then that robot should look realistic in at least pure logical mechanic way. But, eh, it's just my attitude towards that kind of stuff, you can freely disagree with it. I still wanna see how that model will turns out.

07 July 2013
The body shape look's kinda weird too me, anyway, Keep up the work and continue posting

07 July 2013
@ Darth-Biomech
First of all i ask sorry if i sounded rude, i'm reading my reply right now and it looked such. Anyway, as u can see in my portfolio i've always modeled cars, so i'd like to go far from it sometimes creating something purely fictional without any kind of restrictions. I love the robot u show, it's very technical. This work instead will be something different, i've in mind many things i'll show step by step. U're free to dislike it , it's ok mate, don't worry. And thank u again to take the time for replying and express your opinion, u're always welcome of course

@ MeMo45
Yes it's weird 'cause it's no more than a referement surface to place the front legs. It's just an amorph empty shell at the moment. U'll see how it will change in my next posts. Thanks for watching .
Cheers

Last edited by Kangal : 07 July 2013 at 05:33 PM.

08 August 2013
Some progresses. The body is without shape still, just a referement to place the legs.
Slowly the ''cat'' will take form.

08 August 2013
Little updates again. Step by step...

08 August 2013
Some updates.
The model is 30% done i'd say, mainly i'm struggling how to fill the chest, there are many options, i don't know if to model something of organic or mechanical at the most. We'll see. Organic would be more complex for me using Rhino.
The head too lacks lot of details still.

08 August 2013
And here is a quick test render without materials nor textures to check what i did so far

08 August 2013
beautiful model cheetah friend.
At least this is not a carnivore cheetah.

08 August 2013
@ tolaski
Thank u very much.
Eheh, yes, it lacks the mouth still, i've to decide what to do. It's everything at the first stage

08 August 2013
well, now with white material render it looks much more cooler. I'm not sure about that clover-shaped joints on the lower parts of limbs, IMHO they looks a bit like bath sinkholes.

08 August 2013
@ Dart-Biomech
Thanks for your feedback mate. Yes, i agree about your remark, i'll adjust them later, now i'm busy thinking about what to put inside the chest. Some engine i'd say, but i don't know if a sort of organic engine or a mechanical engine.
After that i'll refine the head adding details, i'll model the ears since they have only a basical shape now and i'll do the mouth. Then i'll add details all over.
Once the 3d model will be finished, i'll pass to the 3d environment. Last step will be texturing everything and i already know it will be a pain.

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by Kangal: now i'm busy thinking about what to put inside the chest. Some engine i'd say, but i don't know if a sort of organic engine or a mechanical engine.

I'd put inside something resembling motorcycle engine. This thing needs to move fast, right?)

Thread Closed share thread