Character Model Critique

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #1
Character Model Critique

A superhero model done for my character modeling class, this is my first ever character model I've ever done so it's far from perfect.

Any and all types of constructive criticism will be really helpful and/or comments on where you think improvement is needed.

Old 07 July 2013   #2
I'm kinda in the same boat. Trying my hand at doing people for the first time. So far as I can see you're doing a better job than I am.
One small crit however. The laugh lines from the side of the nose to the corners of the mouth look a little high and broad. It also might be just the angle of the render, so don't take my comment as gospel. But it might be worth checking.
Are you working to a concept, or are you just building as you go?

Old 07 July 2013   #3
need the front and side view to critic

Old 07 July 2013   #4
Its very good for a first model!

Anatomy looks really good as well, for a first model. Personally, I find the polygon too dense for the amount of detail in the model. Too much loops around the eyes for instance, in my view.

then at the front of the neck area, the polygons are too long. If your model is to be subdivide into higher res, then its generally better to make them 'squarish' as more and even in size for the quads.

hope this helps.

Old 07 July 2013   #5
@Pagrin
We were suppose to model a comic book character, unfortunately, my character had limited references, but I'll be sure to double check that area.

@PKD
Thanks for your help! I think I did neglect the neck area but I'll fix it up when I find the time.

Thanks for the critique guys! I'll keep these stuff in mind on my next character model!

Added the front + side view.

Old 07 July 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread