Сhevrolet Сorvette Sting Ray convertible

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 09 September 2013   #46
Just awesomely jaw-dropping! Very inspirational!
When will we see the complete car?

Old 09 September 2013   #47
Originally Posted by ACantarel: I don;t know what to say, so clean, so beautiful, the edge flow looks perfect. And I really love how you pay attention to texture detail to the mirco level! And damn you're fast!
Regarding the dash board: I see a few lines only but I assume the circle cut out has many vertices. Do you just leave n-gons there? I did that in the past when stuff just needed to get done in time. Same with the gear stick panel, looks like bevel profile modifier. I did some cockpit instruments like that as well but I am remodeling them now just for the sake of quads.

Cheers
Andre

Thank you Andre)
Well i use this technique pretty often, for some type of objects it works pretty great.
It's like hard surface modeling based on smoothing groups but with polys, more like nurbs kinda approach.
It hard to explain ) , i'll better show you/ Here is the example

It helps to really optimize the wire density, but still keep it well detailed.

Old 09 September 2013   #48
Originally Posted by Wicked: Just awesomely jaw-dropping! Very inspirational!
When will we see the complete car?

Thanks man )
Well, I need to finish only the suspension and couple more details to get the whole thing done.
So hope it would be ready really soon. Then texturing, and then i want to make some great scene with it , maybe even couple , not just regular ones. So who knows )
Stay tuned anyway, it will be interesting!

Old 09 September 2013   #49
Yeah i know exactly what you mean, I did a lot of stuff like that as well Saves a ton of time, keeps the wires clean and in the end it just looks the same. The bevel profile modifier is one of the most underestimated tools in max.

Old 09 September 2013   #50
Originally Posted by ACantarel: Yeah i know exactly what you mean, I did a lot of stuff like that as well Saves a ton of time, keeps the wires clean and in the end it just looks the same. The bevel profile modifier is one of the most underestimated tools in max.

It comes from gamedev in some way, anyway it works)
I make stuff like this with chamfer modifier , but bevel can handle this too for sure)

Anyway, here is the very first try to put it all together.

Old 09 September 2013   #51
always a joy checking your progress. great job!

Old 09 September 2013   #52
WHOA, what can I say!...

AAA-MMM-AAAA-ZZZZ-ING! work... that's quite insane.

Old 10 October 2013   #53
This is stunning, I can't wait for more updates! If you dont mind explaining, I was wondering how you created the red lights seen on the first page, how much is shader? How much is modelled? I just can't seem to take my eyes off of them, they are so beautifully rendered.

Cheers,
Brian

Old 10 October 2013   #54
This is real talent at work. Master grade.

Old 10 October 2013   #55
Originally Posted by kybel: always a joy checking your progress. great job!

Thanks man, appreciate it!

Originally Posted by bmfukushima: This is stunning, I can't wait for more updates! If you dont mind explaining, I was wondering how you created the red lights seen on the first page, how much is shader? How much is modelled? I just can't seem to take my eyes off of them, they are so beautifully rendered.

Cheers,
Brian

Thank you!The rear lights is full geometry modelled , you can check out some screens and wires here http://denbrooks.com/blog/corvette-label

Thank you fellas !)

While I am fighting with suspension..
Some crop of gearbox shifter zone.

As usual you can check some more progress here ---> http://denbrooks.com/blog/2013/10/3/details

Last edited by BKScreation : 10 October 2013 at 02:06 PM.

Old 10 October 2013   #56
Thank you Andre)
Well i use this technique pretty often, for some type of objects it works pretty great.
It's like hard surface modeling based on smoothing groups but with polys, more like nurbs kinda approach.
It hard to explain ) , i'll better show you/ Here is the example

Ah so, no smoothing modifier, just using smoothing groups to give a polished impression? Very cool approach.
I have never seen this technique before so I did some tests to see if I understood it correctly. When I render the ngons I get some artifacts. How do you prevent these if I am doing what I think you are doing?
The middle part is lifted out to show the ngon edge. The top ngons have a common smoothing group.

Lovely work man.

Last edited by Kanga : 10 October 2013 at 09:48 AM.

Old 10 October 2013   #57
Originally Posted by Kanga: Ah so, no smoothing modifier, just using smoothing groups to give a polished impression? Very cool approach.
I have never seen this technique before so I did some tests to see if I understood it correctly. When I render the ngons I get some artifacts. How do you prevent these if I am doing what I think you are doing?
The middle part is lifted out to show the ngon edge. The top ngons have a common smoothing
Lovely work man.

Thanks!
You could try to select all your polys and push "Retriangulate" button in "edit element" tab. This should help.

Old 10 October 2013   #58
Hi Den. absolutely amazing work you do. I'm modelling a car at the moment as well, and i'm interested in how you did the red break lights?

Looking forward to see the final shot

keep it real

Old 10 October 2013   #59
Originally Posted by BKScreation: Thanks!
You could try to select all your polys and push "Retriangulate" button in "edit element" tab. This should help.

That didn't seem to help. The lighting has a big effect though and this technique is surprisingly smooth. Thanks for the hints.

Cheerio

Old 11 November 2013   #60
Hi there guys!
Don't want to spam you with a small updates. I slowed down a bit, but I'm here to tell you that project is still in progress, and is on a finish line. Now i'm working on a first final scene and some suspension stuff is still in progress. So stay tuned for a bunch of fresh pictures soon, more to come!

reply share thread