Сhevrolet Сorvette Sting Ray convertible

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

09 September 2013
I love the wheel. So I see the main pattern on the tire was modeled. What about the fond marks and stripes on the side of the tire? Are those done by bump mapping?

09 September 2013
Just beautiful, nothing to criticize!

09 September 2013
Wow! how long do you usually work on it a day? And is it hdri lighting?

09 September 2013
Thank you guys!

Originally Posted by AlexSarakapudaff: I love the wheel. So I see the main pattern on the tire was modeled. What about the fond marks and stripes on the side of the tire? Are those done by bump mapping?

I think that if you don't see the difference then it doesn't matter )

Originally Posted by BenBlease: Wow! how long do you usually work on it a day? And is it hdri lighting?

Thanks, ithink i spent around couple hours a day + - About lighting, it mixed from time to time, i use Vray lights as often as HDRi.

So, time for updates!)

I keep the tempo, so today on the agenda is Dashboard!

Also as usual you can find couple more clays and wires here ----> http://denbrooks.com/blog/2013/9/9/dashboard

09 September 2013
Eye candy Makes me want to buy the Stingray that's parked around the corner here!
I don't know how exactly the glass looks like that covers the dials but i think they could use a bit more reflection (in case there is glass)
I love the silver "Corvette Stingray" logo you posted earlier which has a tiny bit of imperfections which makes it super believable. I think that would look great on those silver parts as well.

Cheers
Andre

09 September 2013
Originally Posted by ACantarel: Eye candy Makes me want to buy the Stingray that's parked around the corner here!
I don't know how exactly the glass looks like that covers the dials but i think they could use a bit more reflection (in case there is glass)
I love the silver "Corvette Stingray" logo you posted earlier which has a tiny bit of imperfections which makes it super believable. I think that would look great on those silver parts as well.

Cheers
Andre

Hehe. With love would take a look on this in live. Enjoy that possibility man)
But you're totally right. Actually i put the glass in there, but it's kinda something went wrong ) I'm not fully satisfied with materials and setup so far. But i leave it as it is for a reason.
After all, should be a difference in quality between WIP test renders and finals)

Last edited by BKScreation : 09 September 2013 at 09:41 PM.

09 September 2013
nice work, I love your passion, awesome shaders

09 September 2013
Originally Posted by mrkrzysiek: nice work, I love your passion, awesome shaders

Thanks man)

While the whole modelling process slowly become closer to the end.. Here is one more quick test of the dash.

I love how it feels in B&W but since i can't pick which is better,
you can check the "color" version and wire here -----> http://denbrooks.com/blog/2013/9/16/dash

09 September 2013
I love the colour version nice shot, keep it up

09 September 2013
Meanwhile looks like i finished this piece.
It was a lot of details there, but now i feel that i'm ready for any resolution) Still couple small things to do. So suspension, babe I'm coming for you!

Here is a bunch of screens, also as usual you can check all stuff in my blog ---> http://denbrooks.com/blog/2013/9/23/interior-done

09 September 2013
and some more)

09 September 2013
fap fap fap I love these DETAILS

09 September 2013
2 mrkrzysiek Thanks man!)

Here is some wires.

09 September 2013
And clays.

09 September 2013
I don;t know what to say, so clean, so beautiful, the edge flow looks perfect. And I really love how you pay attention to texture detail to the mirco level! And damn you're fast!
Regarding the dash board: I see a few lines only but I assume the circle cut out has many vertices. Do you just leave n-gons there? I did that in the past when stuff just needed to get done in time. Same with the gear stick panel, looks like bevel profile modifier. I did some cockpit instruments like that as well but I am remodeling them now just for the sake of quads.

Cheers
Andre

reply share thread