Old 09-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #31
uriman2004
Veteran
portfolio
Uri Wollner
Israel

Hey!

I love the setting so far!
I would though change the diffusivity of the water a bit, since it seems to more of a mirror now
Maybe, add some noise to it as well.

The grass, though, seems as tall as the house. Maybe its just me.

Keep it up!

Old 10-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #32
custardcs
Veteran
portfolio
Jared Barrett
I.T. Service Engineer
Quinedge
Johannesburg, South Africa

no bud thanks for the view.. i was thinking of shorting the grass at the same time.. and idk if i should leave the water still and add some lillies or bump it up abit..

Old 10-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #33
custardcs
Veteran
portfolio
Jared Barrett
I.T. Service Engineer
Quinedge

here is an update :P

Old 10-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #34
uriman2004
Veteran
portfolio
Uri Wollner
Israel

Hey!

I like it better

I did notice though that the two windows on the house seem odd in shape, is that on purpose?

The house does not seem to be connected to the dock, so I was wondering how ppl get to the house then.

Looking forward for the next show of textures

Old 10-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #35
custardcs
Veteran
portfolio
Jared Barrett
I.T. Service Engineer
Quinedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by uriman2004
Hey!

I like it better

I did notice though that the two windows on the house seem odd in shape, is that on purpose?

The house does not seem to be connected to the dock, so I was wondering how ppl get to the house then.

Looking forward for the next show of textures

Hey thanks..

Yess il take a close pic of it.. it will actually be textured differently..

well i was thinking of making something to connect to both... but i did not think about it.. because the toilet is connected to the house... but thanks ill try put something to connect the two.

Here is another update :P

Old 11-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #36
custardcs
Veteran
portfolio
Jared Barrett
I.T. Service Engineer
Quinedge

Well another update

Old 11-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #37
ACantarel
Helicopter-Guy

portfolio
Andre Cantarel
CG Model Supervisor
santa Monica, USA

Hmm I think you should really abandon the idea of shooting against the sun. A real phto would just result in a dark silhouette against a very bright sun spot. You wouldn't be able to see any artificial light sources due to the exposure of the camera adjusting to the ultra bright sun.

You could play with the sun just being under the horizon, everything is more in a cool blue while your artificial light sources around the house are a warm orange-yellow tone. That draws the eye to the house and you have much more possibilities to tell a story, shape forms with light etc.

If below the horizon is too much for your taste, you could paly with just having some upper roof portions still being hit by the sun beams or so. Or everything is pretty much in the shade but due to some good tree arrangement the hut gets hit by the warm sun. Also a good way to draw the eye towards the center of interest.

Cheers
Andre

the current approach won't satisfy you, pretty sure about that

Old 11-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #38
custardcs
Veteran
portfolio
Jared Barrett
I.T. Service Engineer
Quinedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACantarel
Hmm I think you should really abandon the idea of shooting against the sun. A real phto would just result in a dark silhouette against a very bright sun spot. You wouldn't be able to see any artificial light sources due to the exposure of the camera adjusting to the ultra bright sun.

You could play with the sun just being under the horizon, everything is more in a cool blue while your artificial light sources around the house are a warm orange-yellow tone. That draws the eye to the house and you have much more possibilities to tell a story, shape forms with light etc.

If below the horizon is too much for your taste, you could paly with just having some upper roof portions still being hit by the sun beams or so. Or everything is pretty much in the shade but due to some good tree arrangement the hut gets hit by the warm sun. Also a good way to draw the eye towards the center of interest.

Cheers
Andre

the current approach won't satisfy you, pretty sure about that

well my orignal idea was about the sun in the background or maybe a night scene.. with firefiles..

do you mean as in move the sun behind the top of the house? drawing focus there?

and my light source by the house are you saying its wrong? or that its drawing the attention there?

thanks for your tips bud and your right i am far from satisfied.. but i am still a noob so i am doing what i can to learn

Old 11-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #39
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread