Island Scene

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #16
so i just added another update..

two variations with exposure at 7 and 8
exposure at 7

exposure at 8

close up

Old 08 August 2013   #17
Another update..

i added the trees and now i am no longer getting that weird effect around the edge of the leaves.

Old 08 August 2013   #18
Awesome, glad its all working now! What was the problem / how did you fix it in the end?

N

Old 08 August 2013   #19
Originally Posted by nickmarshallvfx: Awesome, glad its all working now! What was the problem / how did you fix it in the end?

N

thanks bud. well ARNOLD cannot use jpg Alphas or png like vray.. so i re-created the textures in tga and stored the alpha in the correct layer.. and then it seemed to pick it up in the layers and worked so well, even the light through the leaf with SSS wow. ARNOLD is amazing :P never will i go back

Ill post more updates now..

Old 08 August 2013   #20
Interesting, that is pretty weak that it cant use png, I would understand that the jpg doesn't work, but the png....hmmm, and it was in RGB 24 bit I assume.

Anyway glad you figured it out

Old 08 August 2013   #21
Originally Posted by Cg-Creator: Interesting, that is pretty weak that it cant use png, I would understand that the jpg doesn't work, but the png....hmmm, and it was in RGB 24 bit I assume.

Anyway glad you figured it out

maybe lol i made a mistake >.< lol i am far from perfect.. but thats what i did and it worked lol because all the textures that i used from vray i just simply reused them.. lol not the greatest idea i had..

Old 08 August 2013   #22
, yeah try to check it out, just save a png with different setting but normaly the RGB 24bit keeps the alpha, as targa can get pretty heavy compare to png.

Old 08 August 2013   #23
Originally Posted by Cg-Creator: , yeah try to check it out, just save a png with different setting but normaly the RGB 24bit keeps the alpha, as targa can get pretty heavy compare to png.

thanks bro i tried it out did not make any difference in render time :P

here is some new updates i am testing the poles in the water.. but its not working >.<

Old 08 August 2013   #24
I didnt mean it would render faster , but as if you have a lot of heavy maps might slow down the software , but that would be if you had hundreds or more heavy maps

Now what s wrong with the poles? I guess you want them to disappear as they go deeper in the water? If so, well try to play with the refraction values, or to make it easier I would do separate passes, using fog or sub scatter, not much help but might send you in a direction , good luck

Old 08 August 2013   #25
Originally Posted by Cg-Creator: I didnt mean it would render faster , but as if you have a lot of heavy maps might slow down the software , but that would be if you had hundreds or more heavy maps

Now what s wrong with the poles? I guess you want them to disappear as they go deeper in the water? If so, well try to play with the refraction values, or to make it easier I would do separate passes, using fog or sub scatter, not much help but might send you in a direction , good luck

Hey bud. thanks for the reply.. no the poles are alright and the water aswell i am looking at the moss on the poles.. to me it looks off >.< i am trying to get it to look alittle better

Old 08 August 2013   #26
I did a new test for the planks, but they come out in different colours :(

Old 08 August 2013   #27
So i decided to leave the planks as it gives a different view :P

but added grass and trying to get the right settings... as its my first time with grass

Old 08 August 2013   #28
I like the overall direction it it going to. Work a bit on the image composition and also think about what you want to show. Is it going to be just a back lit silhouette with some specs on structure or do you want to show something in the ambient lit areas?
Here are a few images I found as some sort of inspiration:

Cheers
Andre

Old 08 August 2013   #29
Originally Posted by ACantarel: I like the overall direction it it going to. Work a bit on the image composition and also think about what you want to show. Is it going to be just a back lit silhouette with some specs on structure or do you want to show something in the ambient lit areas?
Here are a few images I found as some sort of inspiration:

Cheers
Andre

Hey bud. Thank you for the kind words i just came from looking at your Work its exactly what I would like to do I have so many ideas but I cannot bring it to life.. This has been my dream since I was eight. I studied at Learn3d in South Africa and since everyone wants experience and noone wants to give you any... I thought well Ill have to do it by myself.. And i am working in I.T. and working on it at night..

So I am very inexperienced but I have probably got the biggest passion out of the whole community in cgsociety.

but anyways...

This is a new update. I fixed the lighting as i found that using HDRI maps are not a good Idea >.< using the physical sky with a skyLight makes the light a lot more believable.

my first inspirations came from theses images...

I really would like this little project to become something beautiful to look at.. but i am learning from it as i go....

I wanted to focus on the boat and have lillies around and maybe some firefiles... with sunset... or night time..

Jared.

Last edited by custardcs : 08 August 2013 at 10:07 PM.

Old 09 September 2013   #30
another update..

i added a flag.. and i have been tweaking the grass but its still not where i want it.

Thread Closed share thread