Cyberpunk self portrait!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
This is looking really top notch. I like the skin textures and the check scar.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by AndrewMcC: Hey! No ideas are bad ideas Keep them coming! That is interesting actually.. I think you may have given me an idea for the eye! Wait and see! I have special plans for that

ok I will wait and see looking forward to it.

07 July 2013
I managed to start a base texture last night, but still a lot to do today.
I want to make it a bit more 'dead' looking, maybe take a lot of the red out, and replace it with a more blue/purple tone, as well as removing a bit of the saturation.

And thanks guys for your feedback!

07 July 2013
Facial Texture update

07 July 2013
This mornings texture work. I feel like I'm getting closer to something I'm happy with. I'm also missing a few hard surface plates and objects I need to add, but all in good time. I wanted to get the bulk of the texturing out of the way before I started again on the hard surface.

I need a serious nap :P

07 July 2013
Yes those newer colors are looking much better.
Although I'd add a little more purple/red to the inside edge of the check scar. Make it look a little more raw.

07 July 2013
That chains on the back of the neck... Their purpose is not clear. Seems that they have no functionality, and this is generally bad thing in cyborgs and robots.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Pagrin: Yes those newer colors are looking much better.
Although I'd add a little more purple/red to the inside edge of the check scar. Make it look a little more raw.

Cheers man! Will do

Originally Posted by Darth-Biomech: That chains on the back of the neck... Their purpose is not clear. Seems that they have no functionality, and this is generally bad thing in cyborgs and robots.

They do have functionality. Remember, the robot is wearing the skin, and it is meant to be shown that the skin is being pulled and connected at the back under the neck plate. The chains are meant to create an additional anchor point, so not all of the stress on the skin is being held to that single plate. Basically the chains just help to keep the skin from tearing off the robot!

07 July 2013
Personally i wouldn't go in the depth of functionality and technical working stuff...after all it's Sci-Fi and everything is fictional, so imo this project is great, original and perfectly modeled so far. Also, as i've said, the skin-pulling chains are a great idea imo, i love them.
Keep on, can't wait to see it finished.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Kangal: Personally i wouldn't go in the depth of functionality and technical working stuff...after all it's Sci-Fi and everything is fictional, so imo this project is great, original and perfectly modeled so far. Also, as i've said, the skin-pulling chains are a great idea imo, i love them.
Keep on, can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks so much, man
It's great to recieve such positive feedback!
I'm having such a great time with this project, and it's nice to hear that it's not a failure

07 July 2013
Failure...? I hope u're joking! This is everything but a failure man . If it will be a masterpiece it depends on how u'll keep on, textures, environment, final renders, compositing etc, but looking at what u have done so far this has all the potentiality

07 July 2013
This is coming along nicely - I love gross stuff like this. I do think you can push the dead look and the tissue damage around the openings though. I hope you don't mind, but I did a quick paintover to give you an idea - I desaturated the reds of the skin a little more, and then did more work around the wounds. Don't overlook yellow - it's a great colour to show decay, and complements the reds, blues and purples of the bruising.

Click on the image for the full res.

07 July 2013
What Kangal said! You're doing an excellent job with this project.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Kangal: Failure...? I hope u're joking! This is everything but a failure man . If it will be a masterpiece it depends on how u'll keep on, textures, environment, final renders, compositing etc, but looking at what u have done so far this has all the potentiality

Originally Posted by Pagrin: What Kangal said! You're doing an excellent job with this project.

Thanks so much guys

Originally Posted by leigh: This is coming along nicely - I love gross stuff like this. I do think you can push the dead look and the tissue damage around the openings though. I hope you don't mind, but I did a quick paintover to give you an idea - I desaturated the reds of the skin a little more, and then did more work around the wounds. Don't overlook yellow - it's a great colour to show decay, and complements the reds, blues and purples of the bruising.

And thank you for that! I love the paint over! It looks a hundred times better then what I have right now. And you are definitely right about the yellow! And of course I don't mind! You're welcome to paint over as much as you can All feedback is welcome!

Sadly I don't know if I have time to change the texture right now.. This assignment is due in Tuesday at 8am and right now it's getting late into Saturday, and I still have a bunch of metal parts to create and texture. In saying that, I will still be working on this once this project is officially over, and I can promise you I will redo the face texture as close to the paint over as I can get it! (I'm not much of a texture artist). But I will be trying to texture the metal all over sunday and I would LOVE if you could give me any advice!

Also! I would like to apologize for the lack of updates over the last day or 2.. I have been having serious issues with zbrush corrupting files, with some internal error.. "Unable to load subtools" or something.. so I have not achieved much :\ I hope I've fixed the problem now though! Thanks all!

07 July 2013
awesome work right now i like it this skin
keep on & good luck

Thread Closed share thread