WIP - Legend Of Zelda Link

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
WIP - Legend Of Zelda Link

Hello, i'm modelling the "Link" character of the game The Legend Of Zelda Orale Of Seasons of GBC.
I'd like to give it a more realistic look, keeping the essence of Game Boy Series.
I'm Doing the model in Zbrush and 3dsMax.

Any thought?

Here is a turn around of the model

07 July 2013
Hey man,

It looks pretty good! Do you plan on modeling the rest of it? That seems like an odd place to cut off the character.

-AJ

07 July 2013
Thats a really cool interpretation, love the hair and cap and face. He looks young and somewhat like a real stylised human. Good luck with that it's a fantastic work so far, really liking it

11 November 2013
Hi, After 3 months, finally I can show you the model of link.
Now i'm working on hair, usin the hair and fur modifier of 3ds max.
I'm glad to read your criticism and comments, Thanks.

11 November 2013
Looks really cool, I like the idea.

I think the biggest thing that needs work is the shaders. The skin and green shirt seems a bit too shiny. I don't know if it's just me but the eyebrow texture seems a little bit too high for the actual brow.

My only other comment is on the facial pose. The body has a lot of energy and I think this piece could improve a lot if the face reflected that energy. I don't know if that would be too big of a change at this point though.

Great work so far! I'll keep an eye on your progress.

11 November 2013
Why not model the lower body as well?

I think the hands can be bigger. Normally, 'big head' characters have big hands, & feet, so as not to feel unbalance, or not proportional.

I also feel the hair is too big, you could maybe try scale them down a little to see if its better.

belt seems too high, like over his stomach, maybe try lowering it a little. On the same note, I think the shirt could be longer.

As far as shader, I feel the skin is too plasticy, & eys seems flat, & lack depth.

Well, thats about it, on a pretty good model you already have.

11 November 2013
Thank you for your comment.
I don't do the legs because maybe it's too much work, jeje.

I'm totally agree with your criticisms about the shader, i'm working on it. Thanks

moreover, i'd like change the facial expression, but I think I would be a lot of work.

your comments are very useful for me.

11 November 2013
Hi, I think the model looks awesome! Really feels like it could be a sculpture! My only comment would be per haps the eyes are a little small for a Japanese designed character? It reminds me slightly of a Brian Froud Fairey which you might have been going for, a little like the dark crystal? If so awesome choice :@)

11 November 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread