jet modeling need help

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #16
Hi
I'm afraid the polys u showed in #4 post will origin many bumps mate since there are too many triangles there. U should model using basically 4 edged poly only to get clean meshes. Use triangles only where is absolutely impossible to put squares.
Keep on

Old 06 June 2013   #17
good, so this is getting. What do you think?

Last edited by tolansky : 06 June 2013 at 10:27 PM.

Old 06 June 2013   #18
Originally Posted by Kangal: Hi
I'm afraid the polys u showed in #4 post will origin many bumps mate since there are too many triangles there. U should model using basically 4 edged poly only to get clean meshes. Use triangles only where is absolutely impossible to put squares.
Keep on

Thanks, very good friend and I'm learning now will shape using only polygons with 4 sides. Thank you for comment and help me in this work.

Old 06 June 2013   #19
following the steps

Old 06 June 2013   #20
because these vertices not left in their place? I believe that the references are correct.

Old 06 June 2013   #21
Learn the basics first

my friend I think you need to learn how to model basic objects before you take on such a complex thing like this jet , it will save you lots of time in the long run , pick some simple things to make like a screwdriver or a Ipod , model and texture it so it looks 100% the same.
this wont take to long but you will get to use most of the modeling tools in 3ds max so when you go back to your jet you will understand better how to get the right shapes you need.
dont be put off by what Ive said , I promise once you get the basics you will be on your way and that jet wont seem so hard

I wish you luck

edit ;; theres some great tuts on maxforums that may help you
http://www.maxforums.org/threads/ma...als_2/0001.aspx

My Website

Old 06 June 2013   #22
I have to agree with Dmaxer here, this looks like you opening yourself up for a world a'hurt, if you insist on continuing I'd say at least model this in smaller sections (say the nose as a part, then the main body another) then attach this together, this method also follows how a real life vehicle is constructed with seam lines visible...

Old 06 June 2013   #23
right then I'll train modeling with simple objects for awhile then I'll finish the jet.

Thank you friends for helping me CG and take lots of doubts.

Old 06 June 2013   #24
Good luck and , dont forget you can always ask if you get stuck

My Website

Old 06 June 2013   #25
Originally Posted by Dmaxer: Good luck and , dont forget you can always ask if you get stuck

thank you friend

I'm modeling some objects here, soon I will post

Old 06 June 2013   #26
modeling basic objetcs

just model these objects, just need for him in a scene and put the material.

Old 06 June 2013   #27
looking good

My Website

Old 06 June 2013   #28
Hey man,

I'm glad to read that your open to advice! As I was reading though the thread, I was getting the same vibes as the other posters. It really helps to practice on simpler objects first, and get familiar with the tools.

When your modeling things from exact reference materials, there's no need to start by making one large primitive for everything. Its easier in the long run just to slowly and methodically model one part at a time, and fully finish one part before you move on to the next. The shape of your object is already been laid out for you, so you shouldn't need to block things out. I think this is where you were getting into trouble with your plane. You made a large primitive right from the start, and you were struggling to move all your verts into place.

Good luck with your modeling endeavors, and I hope you pick up with your plane again in the future.

-AJ

Old 06 June 2013   #29
Uhhh double post... please delete.

Old 06 June 2013   #30
Originally Posted by AJ1: Hey man,

I'm glad to read that your open to advice! As I was reading though the thread, I was getting the same vibes as the other posters. It really helps to practice on simpler objects first, and get familiar with the tools.

When your modeling things from exact reference materials, there's no need to start by making one large primitive for everything. Its easier in the long run just to slowly and methodically model one part at a time, and fully finish one part before you move on to the next. The shape of your object is already been laid out for you, so you shouldn't need to block things out. I think this is where you were getting into trouble with your plane. You made a large primitive right from the start, and you were struggling to move all your verts into place.

Good luck with your modeling endeavors, and I hope you pick up with your plane again in the future.

-AJ

thank you friend, for sure I will finish the aircraft in the near future

Thread Closed share thread