Making a UFO for a VFX shot

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
Making a UFO for a VFX shot

Hello,
I am doing a 3d modeling and texturing of a UFO for a VFX shot. I have planned to do it in Maya and Zbrush. My WIP starts here:

First I have created a cylinder. Modify the cap of it into 8 segments. I have taken the cap. Then have deleted all the segments splits except one. And then I have used the face extrude method. Then duplicate the part in 45 degree rotation in X and duplicates number 7 in instance mode. For the shutter in the bottom...I have created a hemisphere with 14 segments and place all the vertices in a single row holding x for aligning in grid and drag the vertices layer by layer. Then delete all the segments except one just like before and duplicate it 13 times in instance mode. Then some blades in top part: for these I have created a blade shape using box modeling and duplicate it 7 times for a part side by side. Then duplicate it 7 times more in instance mode in 45 degree X rotation.
Before duplicating all of the time for every object I have always made sure that the pivot point is in the zero space in the grid. If not, I drag the pivot point using insert key pivot translate and drag it using X key into the zero or center space in grid. Then I have duplicated it. Now I am heading forward for UV setup.

Last edited by fahadhasanpathik : 06 June 2013 at 12:50 PM.

06 June 2013
WIP on UFO making: I have used zbrush to texture the UFO.

06 June 2013
UFO Compositing

Compositing RAW

06 June 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread