1956 Plymouth Fury ''The Black Hearted''

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #16
@ Telemachus

Hi

I have the latest Rhino 5 x64 version, the SR4 one. I think the rendered viewport like these are good to make some quick screenshots. Anyway, yes, i'll export the model in a standalone render engine to get some good overall clays . I'm just modeling the final details then all the geometry will be finished. After that i'll start to model some undetailed interiors and to add materials to do some true renders, maybe i'll model a 3D environment too, we'll see.

Cheers

Old 06 June 2013   #17
The body shell is looking spot on! So far, so good. I think the mirrors need harder edges (bevels). I would like to see some of your refs to help you out double checking if something is off.
You can't really go wrong when modeling with nurbs, your mesh has to be a healthy one. I guess what we'll be aiming here is accuracy.

Keep it up!

Old 06 June 2013   #18
@ Luis
Hi Luis, thanks for your words, really appreciated.
As i've pointed out in the first post, i've looked for accuracy just in the body shell, thinking about the car as a base to create details with some freedom. For example, i've personalized the side chromed bars and the fin's one since in the real thing it's at the top of the fin, mine is at the upper side.
About the mirrors, i've thought about it alot, and at the end i've decided to give them that blend radius after i gave them a smaller one because looking at them from some distance they looked too much edgy. There are 3-4 different versions of these mirrors, i've chosen this version, not easy to get closed pic of such a little detail i've to say.
Anyway, soon i'll post some overall clay, just i need to mkodel some detail more and to decide about the brake thing. What do u think? Modern brakes?

Old 06 June 2013   #19
Wipers

Just a couple of details still to finish the external geometry.
Here's the wipers i've just modeled, not so detailed but should be enough.

Old 06 June 2013   #20
great details right know bro

Old 06 June 2013   #21
Finished geometry

@ Mr.Evil
Thank u mate.

This is the first pic of the exteriors with the finished geometry. Other clays will follow to show every side of the car. Then i'll model some undetailed interiors to finally do true renders.
Thanks for taking the time and watching

Old 06 June 2013   #22
Other views. Just clay renders at the moment still.

Old 06 June 2013   #23
Some close ups.

Old 07 July 2013   #24
wow really wonderful details
but tell me abut textures ???

Old 07 July 2013   #25
Thanks.
Well, i'm modeling some rough interiors before to add materials and textures. I'll see with the time what to do exactly.

Old 07 July 2013   #26
Great attention to detail, it's going to be a damn nice model!
Are you planning moving it over to 3ds max or Maya or are you going to render the finals in Rhino? How long did it take you so far?

Looking forward to the next steps!
Cheers
Andre

Old 07 July 2013   #27
@ Andre
Thank u so much for your words
I'm going to model some interiors to add realism to the final scenes. Unfortunely i don't know at all softwares like Max or Maya since i work with NURBS only, so i'll export the Rhino file to some standalone render engine. I'm mainly a hard surfaces shaping modeler so my knowledge about textures, rendering, compositing and so on is quite limited. I'll try to learn with the time.
Anyway i'd like to create a 3D environment using VUE, if i'll learn how to use it.
I also gave a sight to Z Brush after i saw stunning works here with that software, but it seems a very complicated program and the learning curve looks rather frustrating.

Last edited by Kangal : 07 July 2013 at 07:14 PM.

Old 07 July 2013   #28
Dashboard and living cell

Some progress on the dashboard, i'll not add other details but a couple here and there. About the rest, i'll model the side panels and the seats only, so, a rough and undetailed work but it could be enough for external shots since i'll not do close ups of the interiors.

Old 07 July 2013   #29
Well, rough and undetailed dashboard is finished, now i'll model the door panels and the seats the same way. This should add some realism to the external shots.

Old 07 July 2013   #30
A quick rendered Rhino's viewport

This is how the car looks with the dashboard mounted. Seats has to come still, then the whole project's geometry will be finished.
I can say the overall mesh is clean enough to do not fix anything. Anyway, nothing is ever totally perfect however i did my best to reach a satisfying quality, and i may be wrong, so C&C are welcome of course .
Thanks to this site for giving me the opportunity to show my WIP.
Again, thanks for eventually stopping here and watching

Cheers

Last edited by Kangal : 07 July 2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: omission

Thread Closed share thread