1956 Plymouth Fury ''The Black Hearted''

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
1956 Plymouth Fury ''The Black Hearted''

Hi all, this is my first WIP here, a place where i've seen loads of incredible works. I hope my model is decent enough to be posted in such a lovely site.
This is a 56' Fury, and, taking inspiration by ''Christine'' movie, i want to give the car a more evil look, but, as first instance, i'm trying to be as accurate as possible on the basical shapes.
Here i'm showing some work in progress shots, the most are shaded views only, the others are rendered viewports.
I'm doing it in Rhino 5.
Thanks for watching

Last edited by Kangal : 06 June 2013 at 12:28 AM.

06 June 2013

06 June 2013
Ooops, almost impossible to get some comment or critique here, too many projects and very good too.
Anyway, thanks for watching, i'll post soon some updates

06 June 2013
i love any old car , the modelling & looking is very good for me
keep on & good luck

06 June 2013
Don't have much to say about the model itself, but the texture work on the blood could use some work.

06 June 2013
@ Mr-Evil-studio
Thank u very much

@Snipes-nl
Hi. I agree , but it's not a texture, it's just a silly Photoshop brushing on the plate. Basically i need to finish the pure modeling part, then i'll pass to do some textures, a field which is rather unknown for me, where i have to study still everything. I'm used to work with hard surfaces only so far, and to do simple studio clay renders. This time i'll try to put a step beyond thou, just i need time to learn. Precisely, i think the Maxon's Bodypaint 3D thing could be very useful for this project, but i've to understand how it works and the pipeline. And , most important, if it accepts Rhino 3Dm files...(i don't think so)

Last edited by Kangal : 06 June 2013 at 12:14 PM.

06 June 2013
Your model is mostly looking pretty good, but watch out for intersecting geometry by the tail lights (noticeable in the first image you posted). Don't waste your time doing temporary textures and stuff while you're modelling; focus on getting the model done first.

06 June 2013
@ leigh

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, that part has to be finished still, there will be a seam and a trim there.

06 June 2013
@ leigh

This is the finished part u've pointed out. Viewport Rhino shades are basic as u can see, i'll take my time to do serious renders of the whole car. I need to finish lots of details still.

06 June 2013
Hey man,

I really like the personality of the car. How far do you plan on taking the piece? Are you going to make just a few studio shots, or perhaps a diorama or even a short animation?

-AJ

06 June 2013
Hello
Thank u very much.
Well, just a couple of details and the car is finished, then i'll post the definitive geometry here in some studio clay renders. Then i'll model the interiors and i'll post some true overall studio renders with materials and textures. At the end, yes, i'm planning to model a diorama (as soon as i'll have found the right software...)
About the animation, uhmm, never done it. Is it possible with so many poly?

Cheers

06 June 2013
Some chromed parts

Here there are some chromed parts but the door handles, wipers and mirrors which i've to model still. Bumpers, front lights background and grille has a slightly different material so i've layered them differently.
Next post will be with some overall clay renders so u can see the definitive geometry of the exteriors and the whole car.

06 June 2013
Door handles

Another brick added. The detail of the door handles. Shaded screenshots only, not yet rendered.

06 June 2013
Mirrors

Hi guys
Here's the external mirror
Thanks for watching however this thread is a bit boring i know at this stage.

Last edited by Kangal : 06 June 2013 at 07:31 AM.

06 June 2013
Are you going to continue to render it from within Rhino or are you planning to export? I used to love modelling with Rhino but certainly in the older versions, glitchy meshing algorithms caused me to give up on it.

Thread Closed share thread