Old 06-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
nfd77
Aspiring Artist

portfolio
Nick DuPree
Chicago, USA

Marie EEnE Character

Hello,

I'm a TD rigger that does some modeling/texturing on the side. I just wanted to see if I could get some feedback on a character I am currently working on. I am mainly concerned with topology. I will post some closeups of the wires. I am also open to suggestions for anatomy, color, and design.

The character is heavily influenced by a piece by this amazing artist that goes by the handle "bloochikin" who can be found on DeviantArt.

Currently the mesh only has two poles in the hand. I'm not quite sure how I should handle the topology in that area. I am also trying to keep it under 4K faces because my computer is ancient and the lower poly I can go the better.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Old 06-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
Mr-Evil-studio
Expert

portfolio
simy soares
Mr.Evil-studio
New York, USA

Send a message via MSN to Mr-Evil-studio
nice details right now
keep on

Old 06-13-2013, 01:57 AM   #3
nfd77
Aspiring Artist

portfolio
Nick DuPree
Chicago, USA

Texture is roughed in. I still need to add details like pockets and imperfections. I'm sticking with my current topology. It shouldn't cause me any issues but I'm sure there is room for improvement.

I'm going to add accessories as separate meshes. I didn't want to deal with an asymmetrical mesh.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:37 AM   #4
nfd77
Aspiring Artist

portfolio
Nick DuPree
Chicago, USA

Taking a break from texturing because it is boooring. Here is the texture currently:

Now to start rigging I'll post the rig to CreativeCrash when it's done.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:08 AM   #5
nfd77
Aspiring Artist

portfolio
Nick DuPree
Chicago, USA

Body rig done, moving on to facial rig. Still need to fix some minor stuff on the texture :P

Old 06-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
nfd77
Aspiring Artist

portfolio
Nick DuPree
Chicago, USA

Eye and brow rig done, moving on to mouth blend shapes. Gotta love wire deformers! So fast and efficient!

Old 06-20-2013, 11:17 PM   #7
nfd77
Aspiring Artist

portfolio
Nick DuPree
Chicago, USA

So it has been a while since my last update. Basically I finished rigging the model and am preparing an animation. I have the room layed out, but I still need to model all of the furniture, junk, etc.

Basically, Jason (a nerdy character I made) is going to be getting intimate with his computer and typing commands to a TTS to get it to talk balk to him. In the heat of the moment, Marie (sister/the character from this thread) is going to be at the door and will probably spit a one liner like "you are such a dweeb" or something and walk away.

Anyways - this is where I could use some help! I am a total novice at lighting :( Here is what I have right now:

area light - light yellow color - 80 intensity - linear falloff - casting deep blue shadows
ambient light - deep blue color - 1 intensity

I will be using Mental Ray. Here is a current render:

I think the face looks blown out. Oh god it's just yucky all around. I'll start digging through some tutorials in the mean time, but if somebody has some input I would be happy to hear it.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:17 PM   #8
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread