Anatomy/Cloth Level-Up - Phil Mehr SB

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #1
Lightbulb Anatomy/Cloth Level-Up - Phil Mehr SB

Hey all, figured I'd get a sketchbook going as I really want to push my Anatomy/Cloth skills further - right now my anatomical knowledge is pretty dire XO

Been working on a japanese character this evening, going for a lean build so not too muscly. I'm sure there are quite a few glaring issues so please point them out and I will address them as best as I can Cheers!

Old 06 June 2013   #2
Made some proportional changes, worked some more on the hands. Still lots to do, any C&C would be great

Old 06 June 2013   #3
This may sound a little fruity but... you need to look at more naked men. Specifically anatomy charts and male models. Here's a link to a set of anatomy charts for the torso.
http://medical-transcriptionist-ref...s-of-torso.html

The advantage of diagrams from medical sources is that they are not overly exaggerated, they tend to be of "normal" looking healthy people. Once you know what goes where, you can accentuate whatever you like without it looking too unrealistic.

Old 06 June 2013   #4
Your arms are way too long

Old 06 June 2013   #5
I agree with Scote with the arms but I personally think it's the forearm area, also the upper body seems a little short to me also.

Old 06 June 2013   #6
yah the forearm, but it's part of the arm

Old 06 June 2013   #7
Hey Telemachus, thanks for that link its gold! Art and Scote also thank you for those comments, I'll address the areas and try to get an update added asap

Old 06 June 2013   #8
Originally Posted by Artdigital: I agree with Scote with the arms but I personally think it's the forearm area, also the upper body seems a little short to me also.

Sorry Scote, what I meant was the biceps looked fine to me, it was just the forearm that made everything look too long...

Old 06 June 2013   #9
Tried to address some of the issues mentioned and changed some proportions, still trying to keep the guy quite lean with some definition. Please keep crits coming, could really use them

Old 06 June 2013   #10
Who's your ref for the model?

Old 06 June 2013   #11
Scote - Using references from the 3D.SK site, the guys name is 'Hongo Le', fairly skinny dude

I tried to isolate the legs to work on them closely tonight (only get a short amount of free time outside work unfortunately) and have been studying lessons from Spencer and Eaton. I'm hoping to get some Ecorche studies done soon as I think it could really help. Have to work on sharpening my forms as well! Update:

Old 06 June 2013   #12
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread