Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 06-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
artbycorrea
Veteran

portfolio
Jose Correa
Character Artist / 3D Modeler
USA

Cool 3D Characters "WIP" -Continuous Thread (maybe ;)

Ok, So I'm going to see if posting on here helps me decide how far I want to push this particular project along. (because I have another recent portfolio building idea that's pulling at me) And since I'm trying to make this a continuous thread, I might post some of that other work in here as well. However this particular starting piece was strictly intended to deliver a believable life-like face and skin shader. She doesn't yet have a full fleshed out concept but rather just some ideas rolling around in my head. Anyway I wanted to post what I've done so far to open the door for critiques and first impressions. Feel free to let me know any details, feelings, or other that might have occurred or stood out during your first glance. Those are usually pretty helpful.

My goal with this was also to push my lighting and rendering knowledge to better serve justice to my work. This is a normal mapped game-res mesh that's been sub divided once strictly for this beauty shot. I also wanted to challenge myself by reaching realism through fully hand painted textures (no photo editing) with the exception of a little photo use for the iris.

Let me know what you think...

-j.Correa
www.artbycorrea.com

Last edited by artbycorrea : 06-11-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
Telemachus
Expert

portfolio
Mo Ali
n/a
Birmingham, United Kingdom

No images are showing, bro. The stuff in your portfolio looks really good though.

EDIT: Image showing up now. I think the texturing, lighting and model look wonderful, very professional work. The lips in particular look detailed and realistic.

Last edited by Telemachus : 06-11-2013 at 08:31 AM.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
artbycorrea
Veteran

portfolio
Jose Correa
Character Artist / 3D Modeler
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemachus
No images are showing, bro. The stuff in your portfolio looks really good though.

EDIT: Image showing up now. I think the texturing, lighting and model look wonderful, very professional work. The lips in particular look detailed and realistic.

Thanks for lending your eyes man... Yeah your first comment popped up right while I was making an image edit.....(perfect timing of course)

Old 06-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread