Battle Mech WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
Sorry if I'm repeating my point, but the weapons need to be bigger, why would you make a huge exoskeleton robot to only mount those tiny weapons on it.

06 June 2013
very impressive!!! We have all seen about 1.2 million mech's in the world of 3d, it takes a very special one to make my get all googlie eyed, and you are achieving that! Love the mechanics you have, very real/functional, your vray renders / metal shaders look photo real! Keep it up

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by Shadowlich: Sorry if I'm repeating my point, but the weapons need to be bigger, why would you make a huge exoskeleton robot to only mount those tiny weapons on it.

Currently, it has no weapons. There's the beginnings of a rig for a long 'mini gun'. But the main weapons will eventually extend to the right. I appreciate the insightful observation though.

Originally Posted by USED: very impressive!!! We have all seen about 1.2 million mech's in the world of 3d, it takes a very special one to make my get all googlie eyed, and you are achieving that! Love the mechanics you have, very real/functional, your vray renders / metal shaders look photo real! Keep it up

Thank you. In my view, I've seen enough covered/shielded mechs to last a life time too, so creating something a little more exposed and raw, has helped to hold my attention for over a week now.

06 June 2013
First gun design. After taking a day off the project.

06 June 2013
Weapons update.
Don't forget, everything is intentionally unshielded.
Plating will exist in environment.

06 June 2013
Starting with some materializing/texturing. Not quite there on the legs yet.

06 June 2013
And a little more texture work.

06 June 2013
Still needs a few more details.

06 June 2013
Amazing work so far!

06 June 2013
Fantastic piece of work, thanks for sharing

06 June 2013
Great job, are you going to add human?

06 June 2013
I love the progress, and the dedication to your ideal of ultimate detail. Everything is staying nice and balanced.
Even the initial texturing reminds me of some of the classic painted models inside the glass cabinets at KB and other long forgotten toy stores from my youth.

I'm looking forward to how things continue to evolve.

06 June 2013
Here are a few suggestions:

I apologize for my bad sketching skills.

06 June 2013
Wow, this is a very cool mech. Kind of reminds me a little of the vehicle from "Rock Fishing", but with legs. If you plan on animating it, it would be cool to see something like a LORAN antenna on top, right behind the cockpit. Stuff like this can really bring even a semi-idle animation alive.

Here's a pretty gritty reference image I found, but usually they are more streamlined with white outer coverings. Just the top, wing-like part and the little receiver module on the arm spins around. It could be a targeting and navigation device, or whatever :-)

06 June 2013
Good tips, something to consider as I add the final touches.

Trying out a simple environment.

Last edited by ThePriest : 06 June 2013 at 02:39 PM.

Thread Closed share thread