Horatio unit - WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
Horatio unit - WIP

Hello. This is a model i'm working on for my 3D portfolio. So far i have done this rough concept sculpt in ZB and my current plan is to use it in Max to retopologize a low poly version and send that one to ZB for detailing and map extraction. It will be rigged in case i use it for my animation reel and posing purposes.

The concept story behind it was creating an infantry unit which was both mobile to strike in close combat but could also have some decent protection. Instead of guns i'm opting to give it melee weaponry (considering the equivalent of a shield+spear). I was inspired by a picture of a bomb squad armor (hence the neck "sink"). I'm still not 100% happy about the silhouette, particularly the shoulders and the jetpack shape. Under the plating will be an underarmor. Any critique is very welcome, i will be posting updates.

Larger version

Last edited by entropymachine : 06 June 2013 at 08:47 PM.

06 June 2013
The legs look way too short to match the rest of the body.

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by Telemachus: The legs look way too short to match the rest of the body.

You mean the plating structure or the overall leg size? I've built it upon a standard human mesh from ZB. But i'll check the balance when i work on the legs and see if it needs a bit proportion adjusting/cheating.

06 June 2013
The whole shape is very good for me,just think you can make more armed equipments for him which are outstanding.

07 July 2013
Another update. Tested AO and lighting.

07 July 2013
Rigged and skinned. Starting weapon prototyping (as seen in the highly detailed stand-in )

07 July 2013
Hello. Here's another update. Tested the rig and finished the spear. Uvs are done and ready to start texturing

Comments and critiques are very welcome!

07 July 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread