Help!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
Help!

okay, so I am still a little new to the whole 3D game and i was hoping you guys could help me in assessing what i am doing wrong with this ...

I have attached an image - on the left is what i want it to look like, nice and vibrant text
and on the right is what i've got, the light is all washed out and the colours look pants!

What exactly am I doing wrong?
Is it the texture that needs making more saturated? should I add a specular map? does the lights need changing (which reminds me, I am just using 1 standard directional light on the render)

cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg help.jpg (73.0 KB, 64 views)

Old 05 May 2013   #2
Yes to all the above. And if the logo doesn't need to be in a scene in any way shape or form, just render your image and do a bunch of touch ups in photoshop.

Old 05 May 2013   #3
I'm afraid I'm not fully understanding what you are suggesting Geta-Ve ^_^;;

It is something I have been asked to do for a friend - she wants the logo (which is the 2D image on the left of the picture i previously posted) in a 3D format and then rotated into a small animation - so i kinda need the logo looking good at all angles

Old 05 May 2013   #4
Mate, you obviously are a beginner with 3d. nothing wrong with that, but short of walking you through ever single step, i'm not sure what we can do since your image needs a LOT of work.

if the logo is rotating, then why is the wall there? get rid of it, as its bringing the image down.
Put a nice bright spotlight above and to the side slightly of the logo, so it shines on the front

Look up some material tutorials for appropriate shaders. Apply them to this

Bevel the edges of your logo slightly, that will lend some realism

Put a reflection layer in your material and put an HDRI image in your environment at a low setting, keep it subtle.

If none if this makes sense to you or you don't know how to do it, you need to tell your friend to wait a bit while you learn

Old 05 May 2013   #5
I'm just going to swoop in here with my graphic designer's hat on and say that the logo itself is, well, frankly it's terrible. The font choice is bad (this font is for something like an old ladies' tea shop, not something called "Grand Ambitionz" which needs something a lot bolder and probably a lot funkier, given the, ummm, urban spelling), the layout is poor, the incorporation of the headphones doesn't really work... Personally I'd suggest rethinking it before making it into 3D in the first place.

Old 05 May 2013   #6
Originally Posted by leigh: I'm just going to swoop in here with my graphic designer's hat on and say that the logo itself is, well, frankly it's terrible. The font choice is bad (this font is for something like an old ladies' tea shop, not something called "Grand Ambitionz" which needs something a lot bolder and probably a lot funkier, given the, ummm, urban spelling), the layout is poor, the incorporation of the headphones doesn't really work... Personally I'd suggest rethinking it before making it into 3D in the first place.

This.

Needs more http://creattica.com/logos/latest

Old 05 May 2013   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread