Cathedral WiP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
Cathedral WiP

Hello everyone! This is my cathedral project, which I'm not satisfied. I'm trying to enchance this thing

I want to change camera angle

And refine the altar part

05 May 2013
I think the cathedral looks really good. My main problem is that the pews and the floor doesn't look as nice as the rest of the image. I think if you went for a lower angle, that would be better. I think the middle option is my favourite.

05 May 2013
Hey man,

The model looks wicked sharp! Great work on that!

The texture does look a little flat and plastery. It might look nice to see the thin lines between the blocks of stone, and maybe a little dirt and wear.

I think your composition might look nice if you based it off your main render, but lowered the camera a few meters. You've got some strong lines with the trim just above the arches, and at the bottom corners outside of the pews. Try to get the camera somewhere in between those.

The color palate looks ok, although the red seems a little prevalent. Are the windows tinted red, or is that meant to be coming from the sun? The red streak down the middle seems to hot.

-AJ

05 May 2013
The render has a great feel to it. I would add more details though. Simple stuff like bibles in the backs of the pews. (and more detail to the pews, like mentioned above). Also, you could try adding the cross at the front, and all that stuff.. maybe even model Jesus. haha.. jk. But, ya, the light pouring in looks great. Just needs some more little things to enhance it.

Maybe try telling a story... zombie Jesus, alien church, something from history.. could make it more interesting.

05 May 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread