Pagani Zonda Roadster

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 06 June 2013   #46
Tks Farins

Thanks Kage, the piece was mentioned as WIP of the week, last week. It is actually in its way out. Back to the rendering... Every time I've found a picture taken with the sun behind the subject, the glow and flares coming from artificial lights are canceled by the sun. I knew about the middle lane, haha, the guy is going to turn left in the light right after =)

Thanks a lot for your motivation and your useful input Kangal. Cheers

Tks for the kind comments bkravi. Sure thing, just go back to posts #13 and #31

Thanks for your input scottyknapp19, this is a full cg shot, I'm not working with back plates. It is possible the HDRi sphere is not perfectly aligned with my sun flare, but the body of light is definitively coming from that direction. I posted an image for you to check out. Should I take that as a compliment? =)

Tks a lot Shogunato, it is good to be around. I had several depth passes with different camera distance clip planes. I kind of feel bad losing the detail of the leaves on the floor. I'll give it a try for the sake of photography. I'm using photoshop and learning Mari in the run

Thanks Lewis3D, I honestly didn't think about it till now. The suggestion would be to reduce the number of leaves on the road, or to repaint the textures making them greenish? I love the way they look and its aesthetic contribution to the final image, I'm not being really strict about them

Old 06 June 2013   #47
No problem Luis, it's nitpicking but if you are going to make animation then less of leaves on ground would help too, otherwise you'd have to use dynamics to animate them too .

But for stills you are right about solution, either paint them to be mostly more green leaves or add like 30% yellow on surrounding trees around road so then we could get feeling it's late summer/early autumn and all will fit technically too .

Great work.
ICQ - 7128177
Skype - lewis3d
My LWM Car Modeling Video Tutorial

Old 06 June 2013   #48
Thanks for looking into my suggestion.
It seems your first version of the carbon shader was pretty accurate.
I think if accuracy is the main goal here then perhaps your first version is better than my proposed one. In retrospect.

Great progress, really following this with much interest

Old 06 June 2013   #49
References

Thanks Lewis 3D, I added two new leaves to the map I'm using in the floor, they are slightly more alive if you will. Let's see how much random contribution do I get. I posted a low res version of the texture for you. I also took a couple of shots from my living this morning, plain Californian summer. Judging by those my scenario seems highly plausible. I'm kind of dealing with dynamics already, these are instanced geometry copies generated through particles. =)

No Tangled-Universe thank you! Accuracy is as important as any other aesthetic, or technical aspects.

As a personal note, this is aiming to be a fun piece you would like to use as wallpaper, because close or far from reality, still looks very cool, artistic and exciting. For me the mere presence of this space ship in a colorful sunset will do! This somehow is a tribute to the San Francisco Bay Area, which I happen to miss very often!

I'm waiting for the final render to come out. I think after that one I will call this done. Thanks a lot everybody for your two cents.

Cheers

Old 06 June 2013   #50
Stunning work Luis !
Your patience, skills and dedication show in every image of that whole post.

Z.

Old 06 June 2013   #51
Amazing modeling, texuring, and lighting! All the images look so photoreal!

The car is really impressive, but also the amount of work in the environment. Thanks for sharing the viewport images and WIPs for an inside look.Another really awesome project Luis!

Old 06 June 2013   #52
Hey Loc, tks for stopping by man. Your input is truly appreciated. I'm glad you liked it.

Vaughn my friend, thanks a lot for the kind comment. I'm glad you noticed all the hard work and long nights here =)

So, here is my hero shot. I tuned the rear light LEDs shader, I think is looking way better. Lewis3D, The road leaves have more variation, rotation and color wise. The HDRi dome is aligned with my sun flare which makes the composition look even more balanced, so thanks scottyknapp19. Finally it has the blurred foreground suggested by Shogunato. I'm moving this to the gallery and see how it does.

I'll have some free time soon to push a dusty old project I want to share with you. I brought a teaser image of the engine. It is a Mitsubishi Zero Fighter. I hope you like it and it'll get some great feedback, as it did this finished piece.

Cheers!

New project teaser...

Old 06 June 2013   #53
Hi Luis
First of all, all the best for your new project, it looks very promising.
About the final render, even though it's wonderful, i personally think the best one is still the #37, it's more natural in my opinion. Those middle lights (brakes lights) turned on focus too much the watcher's attention and there's no reason they're turned on 'cause the car is already stopped. If u want to keep them on, i think u should blur a lil bit the wheels and the env to suggest the car is gonna stop.But this would be a completely different scene, so i'd keep the #37.

Cheers

Old 06 June 2013   #54
Hey Kangal, tks again for your feedback. I don't know about you my man, but I'm always pushing the brake when stopping, after the car has already stop and while waiting for the light to change. Even harder in a Gear stick. I have a reference for you to check. It would be nice to have more input about those 2 images ( posts #37 and #52 ) prior to publish in the gallery though.

Salud!

Old 06 June 2013   #55
Beautiful details on that engine

Old 06 June 2013   #56
Dear Luis
I think here we are in the field of personal tastes since your work is technically perfect. But this is not enough to describe it, because u put into a true artistic mood also, so it's up to u what to change/hold . Personally, if u would ask me, i'd go for the #37 since the composition/lights is more balanced (imho), but, i repeat, they are just little shades which belong to the artist's feeling.
This remains a top notch work whatever version u'll choose my friend

Old 06 June 2013   #57
Hero Rear and Front end Shots

Kangal tks a lot for the kind comment and motivation. I'm glad you noticed I'm trying to move towards a more artistic direction with these renders. Even when I love product visualization, there is kind of a recipe to that. But what after?
I'm trying to find out the soul of the cars, think about it like animate beings, like raw mechanic characters without getting to the border limit of transformers...

Telemachus thanks for your interest! I was somehow expecting the hardcore aircraft artists of the forum to show up! It is going to be a good ride, I hope you keep offering feedback in this new project I'll be starting soon. Cheers!

I got the Front and Rear ends here to share. I'm having a hard time deciding what could be a better gallery entry... Please let me know what you think

Old 06 June 2013   #58
Awesome modeling and renderings! I love the attention to detail and precision.
Your next project looks very promising and the level of detail on the engine is just beautiful. I wonder where you found the detailed references for all the bits and pieces. I often have the problem that many areas, especially on dense mechanical stuff, are obscured by other pieces.
How long did it take you to model the engine part you're showing? Are you going to unwrap it?
Just saw you're in Santa Monica as well - maybe we're neighbors

Cheers and keep up the excellent work!
Andre

Old 06 June 2013   #59
Andre, thanks a lot for stopping by your feedback is very much appreciated.
Probably as you do, I also spend hours digging online till I find something useful. I'm going to open a new thread just now! So we can talk and move on to that new WIP. I'm sure you'll bring your rich input to the table and then some.

Cheers!

Old 06 June 2013   #60
Gallery Entry

Hi guys, based in your feedback I finally went to the gallery with the rear end shot.
Feel free to comment, and thanks a lot once more

Cheers!

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...f=358&t=1113357

reply share thread