Pagani Zonda Roadster

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 06 June 2013   #31
Some more

Thanks for your input Kangal, you got it right that is exactly what I did. These are not final renders yet, don't pay too much attention to that blur filter. I couldn't help myself sweeping under the carpet. I'll use a depth pass or a motion vector if I do some animation.

Poly2poly, these are a combination of paint effects and Onyx tree creator. I prefer to tweak presets and customize all my work. Let's say that was the easy part. The pain came up while doing the leaves' textures

FerryP, I'm posting the render settings I used for that particular shot. I have a physical sun system and 2 portal lights projecting the exterior light in to the basement. The ceiling lamps are self illuminated objects that make a big contribution to the overall lighting of the scene. I hope it helps

JDMedia, Gadzooks, Tmnivision, Itoocg, Brazz and Kenmo, Thanks a lot for the motivation guys I'm glad you like it

I'm sorry I had to blur the banners on the road, please omit that detail

Last edited by LuisNieves : 06 June 2013 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Adding info about the lighting setup

Old 06 June 2013   #32
Hi Luis.
Yep, take your time , this Pagani is a top notch model and u did a stunning modeling work without any doubts.
The last render is blowing me away. It would be perfect with the left side turning lights on, since the front wheels are suggesting the car gonna turn to the left .
Anyway, fantastic work mate ! The enviroment too is amazing, colors, composition, lights, details, really extremely good.

Last edited by Kangal : 06 June 2013 at 11:36 PM. Reason: omission

Old 06 June 2013   #33
First off, let me say that this is looking amazing! The environment is so impressive!

Just a few minor things I noticed:
- The traffic light leds don't look quite right, they probably need a bit of glow. Often in a photo, the lights will look white in the middle with a red glow.
- I think you only need one or two stones in the middle of the road, traffic usually kicks them off to the side.
- It's great that you can see the windscreen wiper trails but at the moment it's making it look more dirty than the rest of the car.

Anyway, great work!

Old 06 June 2013   #34
Awesome work, just outstanding.

I have one little remark though about the shading.
IMHO the carbon shader is a bit too reflective and glossy. I think a slightly more matte like look would differentiate the materials better from each other and would also emphasize the carbon material better. It doesn't need to look like bare carbon, although that in itself might also be interesting to explore.

Looking forward to see more!

Old 06 June 2013   #35
I agree with some of the above points, but damn, this render is brilliant!

I agree about the turn signal, and also about the bright spot in the lights. If this is a texture map that has glow, it might be beneficial to add a white hightlight in the middle to simulate brightness. I've done it myself in my latest work to good effect.

There really aren't that many imperfections to cover up.

Just loving the detail in the cars/environments. Glad to have you around
Xbox 360S
Logitech Z-5500 Front
Logitech Z-5500 Back

Old 06 June 2013   #36
Topnotch!

Really awesome renders and enviroment and car modeling and texturing!

Old 06 June 2013   #37
Final Image

Hey Kangal, tks a lot man, here is the latest render where I added your suggestion on the directional light. I liked the idea too

Hello Kev3D, Thanks for your input and kind comment. I thought the same about the traffic lights, but then I found references on the newest LED tech for street lighting and I went in that direction, I posted an image for you to check out. I added more glow in post though they look better now.

One or two stones in the road won't bring any realistic contribution to the render, they would be unnoticed in those numbers. I reduced the amount of geometry instances following your suggestion and repainted the map I'm using for the particles. If you check the aerial shot I posted before you'll see I agree with you, the traffic had moved the leaves and stones aside.

Finally I agree with you once more about the windshield. It is a great detail, I don't have a good reason to remove it.

Hello Tangled-Universe, thanks a lot. I turned down the reflections and glossiness in the Carbotanium material and blurred the reflections a little more in the car paint. I don't think it made a lot of difference but wanted to give it a try. I posted a reference of the car so you can see these tricky materials

Tks a lot Kage, checked and checked It is good to be around. I appreciate your warm welcome

Tks AnalyzerCro, glad you like it

I developed the rear shot because is the one you liked better. I guess it is because it has a golden point and because the foreground, middle ground and background make a pleasant balanced composition. I took all your suggestions in consideration and I made what I think can do a great gallery image. Please let me know what you think

Old 06 June 2013   #38
Thumbs up pagani mmm

always a great car!, compliment for your project

Old 06 June 2013   #39
Man that is awesome!!!

Haha, I only realised later though that he is in the middle lane so should only go straight, but sports car drivers tend to break the rules a little

My only suggestion now would be the far left traffic light glow. If you use a brighter red in Photoshop or whatever, and paint with a slightly larger brush than the actual LED's, painting over them in a new layer, and then use gaussian blur and then opacity to around 10-20%, you'll gain a more pleasing result, than the white tint you have now.
Xbox 360S
Logitech Z-5500 Front
Logitech Z-5500 Back

Old 06 June 2013   #40
Hi Luis

In my opinion, the last version of the render is simply perfect, i'd not change anything more on it.
Apart from the pure modeling (which's stunning) is incredible what u've been capable to do with the environment. Rarely into the automotive field i've seen works of such a fine quality, mate
5 stars !

Last edited by Kangal : 06 June 2013 at 06:46 PM.

Old 06 June 2013   #41
Seriously well done man on being featured on the front page
Xbox 360S
Logitech Z-5500 Front
Logitech Z-5500 Back

Old 06 June 2013   #42
amazingly detailed! I haven't seen this much beautiful render out of mental ray yet! great work! Love the attention of details on texturing smaller areas adding grunge etc. it what makes it more realistic.

I would be interested to know how you did the trees and all the surroundings shading etc.. may be you can post shaded wire-frame view for us to see how it looked in maya

it inspires me to start on something similar.

Website-
http://www.divinefx.com

Old 06 June 2013   #43
very well done! The biggest thing that stuck out to me though, was that you didn't flip your HDRI to match your backplate. (the reflection shows the sun coming from the left when it's on the right in your back plate) other than that, it looks amazing! great job.

Old 06 June 2013   #44
Glad to see you here Luis !
Impressive work as always.
I think it would be great to blur the ground as you can see on this pic. Not only the background.

Can i ask you what software was used for texturing ?

keep working
all the best

Portfolio
Artstation

Old 06 June 2013   #45
Excellent stuff, Car model is fantastic and shaders are getting better and better on each render, hardly anythign to complain about .

Only Thing I'm not sure about is environment fallen leaves ? Leaves on ground (lot of them in middle of road) suggest it's autumn/winter since they all are yellow/brown and yet trees seem to be all nice and green leaves like it's summer/spring so i wonder where from are all those yellow ones come from or which part of year is it supposed to be ?

cheers
ICQ - 7128177
Skype - lewis3d
My LWM Car Modeling Video Tutorial

reply share thread