Rita Hayworth

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #16
New color map and a softer lighting scheme - definitely fun learning how V-Ray works. Still a long way to go...

Her makeup is pretty messy but I'll keep working on it.

Old 07 July 2013   #17
This is looking pretty close to me, except for the corners of her mouth. In the reference images the corners of her mouth tend to pull downward slightly.

Old 07 July 2013   #18
Originally Posted by Pagrin: This is looking pretty close to me, except for the corners of her mouth. In the reference images the corners of her mouth tend to pull downward slightly.

Ah I see what you mean - thanks for that, will fix it as I keep shaping her face. Also think I'm going to paint a new color map by hand rather than using photo reference... dunno. Kind of just experimenting with everything.

Old 08 August 2013   #19
So I'm no longer going for an exact copy of Rita Hayworth, but a more modern version with her "essence" or whatever. Hoping to rig it up and use it for a short I have planned, but that's way off in the future. Anyway it doesn't hurt to keep posting here and get some crits...

No makeup yet, having some trouble with the shader.

Black and white? Why not?

Wish I could post higher res images but the computer I'm working with really isn't cut out for it :( I'd love to get some feedback though, thanks!

Last edited by astu11 : 08 August 2013 at 12:33 AM.

Old 08 August 2013   #20
Having fun making eyes! After playing around for a few hours...

I'm having a lot of trouble getting the cornea to be refractive, so if anyone has any V-Ray tips it'd be much appreciated.

Old 08 August 2013   #21
You do two spheres for the eyes. One for the reflection and transparency the other for the color

Old 08 August 2013   #22
When I make eyes I make the iris as a separate object suspended within the eyeball, which has the IOR set for it. Little bit of a gradient where the white of the eye transitions to clear covers the edge of the iris and makes it look smooth. There's a bunch of information here:

http://help.chaosgroup.com/vray/hel...es_material.htm

Old 08 August 2013   #23
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread