Aviators of the old

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
Aviators of the old

Recently did my first head study for a school project and decided to turn him into something more visualy apealing. Still detailing as I go and trying to learn new ways and techniques as Zbrush is quite new to me and very daunting. I'm having most trouble with the Matcaps, Lightcaps and BPR rendering system.

This is what I have so far. Thx for taking a look. Greets

PS : if any have experience with BPR and how the light system works in Zbrush feel free to shed some light

Old 05 May 2013   #2
Hey man,

Very cool! I really like the style.

Have you tried to make the wool fizz on the inside of the hat with a hair system? You mesh looks sort of flat, and you might be able to get a nice result with some hair.

-AJ

Old 05 May 2013   #3
Thumbs up

Thanks for the tip and glad you like the style.

I absolutely agree with you, I was still figuring out the best aproach to get the fur done.
I played around with fibermesh to make his mustach and eyelashes before. I'll try and use the fur subtool and make a morphtarget and turn it into fibermesh. Hopefully that way I have better control and might be able to maintain the shape of the hat without the fibermeshes going haywire.

Greets.

Old 05 May 2013   #4
Redid the fur using fibermesh and added the pilot microphone.

Greets.

Old 05 May 2013   #5
Latest update

Old 05 May 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread