Female model in progress (Nudity)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #16
The area above the bridge of the nose looks too flat and wide, and the eye sockets lack dimensionality; they need to curve deeper into the head I think. I'm no anatomy expert but that's just what seems off to me.

Old 05 May 2013   #17
Originally Posted by Telemachus: The area above the bridge of the nose looks too flat and wide, and the eye sockets lack dimensionality; they need to curve deeper into the head I think. I'm no anatomy expert but that's just what seems off to me.

Hi Telemachus,

I totally agree with you and thanks for pointing that out, I did not even notice it.

Kind regards
Bianca

Old 05 May 2013   #18
Definately an improvement though some thins look off like the knee cap and sheen area look too pinched and the feet are a bit too long. It would be good if you could post some wires off your model (or screenshot with polygon outlines showing) that so we can see what's going on more, also look at muscle anatomy images so you can adapt the flow (topology) for your model. Here are just a few reference images.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 05 May 2013   #19
Hi Everyone

Hello there,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I just want to give you guys a quick update on my progress.

Body Front

Body Side

Body Back

Face Front

Face Side

Next step for me is to do her hair.I want her to have long black wavy hair. I have never done hair before but, have done some research on it. Any suggestions? I read that you first model your hair and then add the hair or you can create a cap like mesh and add the hair to that.

Thanks in advanced
Bianca

Old 05 May 2013   #20
Without WireFrame

Body Front

Body Side

Body Back

Face Front

Face Side

Old 05 May 2013   #21
I see you have quite a few uncollapsed edges here with 5 edged polygons, I dunno how that is will effect any potential animation, you seem to have the general shape down but in area the topology it looks to me you're unsure how to end them. I would also pull the shin out slightly.

Here is a general idea on a possible topology based on what you had done already. I hope this helps...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 05 May 2013   #22
Hi there

Hi Artdigital,

I hear what you are saying and thanks for that I fixed the shin area. I am not going to animate the mesh hectically just put it into a pose and let that camera rotate around it if you get what I am saying. I have been messing around with my topology today though and the more I do the more I screw it up LOL (one of those days ). So I will leave it as is then. Thanks for the advise though.

Kind regards
Bianca

Old 05 May 2013   #23
Hola,

That was some pretty good advice from Danny. It really helps to have your contours follow important features of the face, rather than just deforming a grid. Your model will come out far more alive and expressive in the end, even if you don't plan to animate. Notice how he rounded the bottom of the jaw and looped around the ear and back of the skull in his paintover.

Don't be worried about spending hours just moving around edge loops and making no apparent improvements on the model. It takes a lot of work to learn how do make good character models. I'm not there yet myself, but I notice I get better with every hour I hammer away at it.

-AJ

Old 05 May 2013   #24
I myself am in a similar situation to AJ1 but then I realised how other people model, lookng at anatomy, face structures and looking at people with 'character' in their faces (ie: Daniel Craig) then looking at the a muscle diagram trying to understand the muscle flow.

My advice if anything would be to continue collecting reference body images, different poses and body types and take mental notes but I personally think you're off to a good start already.

Old 05 May 2013   #25
Took a step back

Hi Aj1 And Artdigital,

Thanks for that, I need it! I took a break from it, went to gym and feel motivated to give it another shot.

I hit a bit of a wall today and needed that extra push. thanks guys. The whole day I have been pushing and pulling vertices and seemed to be making my mesh look worse and got so frustrated with myself, I nearly pulled all of my hair out.

I think Maya and I have a love hate relationship. Don't get me wrong I love doing this, just not when I hit these walls ! They suck. Will post an update as soon as I have something to show.Cant wait.

Thanks again guys!
Bianca

Old 05 May 2013   #26
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread