Female model in progress (Nudity)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
Smile Female model in progress (Nudity)

Title: Female Anatomy
Name: Bianca-Lee
Software: Maya

Hi all :-)

This is my first attempt at creating a female character which is in its early stages.
She will be wearing a summer dress and most of her upper body will be covered.

As I have never done this before, I would appreciate any constructive criticism and any first impressions.
Thanks in advanced

Kindest regards
Bianca

Front

Back

Side Perspective

Face

05 May 2013
Can you share ref?

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by Scote: Can you share ref?

Hi Scote

Trust you are well,

No problem, I have used multiple references please find them below.

So this is my original reference, it is by Baj Singh, but as you can see its a bit male like so was not too happy with it:

My second reference was this one, not sure who the original artist is, I found it on turbo squid but it seems a bit out of proportion. I combined it with my first model.

My third reference was by Eung-ho Lo. Those were all my anatomy references.

I know its not the best to look at other peoples models but I just found it easier to find.

For the face I used this reference but I was not to set on it and changed it as you can see.

And finally at the end of the day, I want to do something similar in style like what Ki yong did with this model.

Kindest regards
Bianca

05 May 2013
If you want you can buy some ref photos on 3d.sk. It's anatomy ref photo front all angles.

Because you take you first anatomy study with false ref.. well not false, but you use artist interpretation of a real thing. You should find reals refs.. like on 3d.sk.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by Scote: If you want you can buy some ref photos on 3d.sk. It's anatomy ref photo front all angles.

Because you take you first anatomy study with false ref.. well not false, but you use artist interpretation of a real thing. You should find reals refs.. like on 3d.sk.

Hi Scote,

Yea you right and I should know better I was a bit lazy I admit it. I just wanted to get started in Maya and do all the good stuff. Just one question, should I start all over again?

I mean when I get my reference I could just tweak my current model according to my real world model reference. Just curious as to what you would suggest I do.

Kind Regards
Bianca

05 May 2013
I think it'll be easier to see your topology for your current model, I myself have been studying all manner of images looking at the contours, muscle structure of different male and female body types (which pretty much leads to good topology). Theoretically you could make any type of body shape from one model (all human body type are very similar and the varying degree of muscle mass is what makes us all different). Here is a non-smoothed grabs of an attempt I've been working on, rearranged the topology SO many times...

05 May 2013
Nah You don't need to redo everything. If you have a good model with good topology, it's the basic you just need the tweek for the bloking and the proportions.

Like Artdigital said: When you have a basemesh you can go and do many different models. Man or woman are identical in topology except the breast area But that you know

05 May 2013
Hi All

Hi guys,

Sorry for only replying now, I had a bit of a break this weekend. I am going to open an account with 3d.sk. They have so many fantastic references. Thanks for that . Once I have done a few modifications to my model I will post an update.

Kind regards
Bianca

05 May 2013
You could also search the internet for a variation of images in different states and also look in the mirror and pull faces (I know it sounds daft!) and observe the muscles that kick in and where the skin folds appear if you can draw create a topology on paper that can help your referencing.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by Artdigital: You could also search the internet for a variation of images in different states and also look in the mirror and pull faces (I know it sounds daft!) and observe the muscles that kick in and where the skin folds appear if you can draw create a topology on paper that can help your referencing.

Hi Artdigital, That is great advise. My lecturer once told me I should keep a mirror next to my PC at all times and just stare at myself LOL. I found some great references on 3d.sk so I am busy changing my topology of my model then I will post some updates.

I see you are from the UK. I was wondering how the job market is there as I am a British citizen and looking to work there soon. any advise?

Thanks again everyone!

Kind regards
Bianca

05 May 2013
Noticed my mistakes!

Mornig all,

I have been tweaking the topology of the female character for the last few days now, I am still not to confident to show anyone yet, but I have noticed that my original models head was to big and it looked more like a anime character compared to my new model. Just thought Id give an update on my progress thus far.

Kindest regards
Bianca

05 May 2013
Hola,

Yea, the head does look a little big. Posting wire frames does help people to critique your model. You can try just using the hardware render in Maya to make them. I'm looking forward to your next update on this!

-AJ

How did your room scene turn out btw?

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by AJ1: Hola,

Yea, the head does look a little big. Posting wire frames does help people to critique your model. You can try just using the hardware render in Maya to make them. I'm looking forward to your next update on this!

-AJ

How did your room scene turn out btw?

Hi AJ,

Trust you are well.

Thanks for the tip did not know that.

(A little of topic, sorry I never posted an update to the room scene but, here it is. It turned out the way I wanted it to. you can see it below. I did most of the colour correction in After Effect. The image is not the best of quality, but you get the idea )

05 May 2013
Update

Hi all,

Please find below an update on my topology. please note that I have not sewed the mesh together yet.

Feel free to give your critique. I am Looking forward to your responses.

Body_Front

Body_Side

Body_Back

Body_ Perspective

Head_Front

Head_Side

Head_Perspective

My reference

Front

Kindest regards
Bianca

PS. I wanted to show you some more of my references but 3d.sk was not loading so could not get the rest of the URLs for the references I have been using.

05 May 2013
Here are some references for my characters head.

Front

Side

Thread Closed share thread