Crabby Patty

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
Talking Crabby Patty

Hello, this is the first time im posting anything on cgsociety, so forgive me if things are a little wonky. im working on a monster model (aka crabby patty), and i would love any suggestions or critiques on my wip. here's a little background if the images come out confusing: 1. from the waist down, its a tripod with a texture equatable to a insect/crustacean carapace. 2. its "belt" is basically a joiner made out of hard metal with bolts screwed in. 3. the torso is that of an athletic male (the left arm is nonexistent, whereas the right is mutated into larger proportions ex: think resident evil). 4. long neck and bottom half of face is covered with a scarf. 5. head is a skull partially covered with mutated tentacle thingies. Sorry for the long description, ive mostly worked on the bottom half so the lack of detail might make some objects/features unclear. before starting on my model i made a clay sculpture as a source of reference (pics of which im uploading with my maya and zbrush stillframes. once again any critique would be awesome (dont need to worry about coming off mean, the more suggestions the better!) and thanks you for your time.

05 May 2013
Sounds like a cool project, I look forward to seeing some preview renders.

05 May 2013
sorry still getting used to forum

Alright figured out how to post images: here's the actual clay sculpt i made beforehand for reference

Last edited by Nafunu6 : 05 May 2013 at 05:28 AM.

05 May 2013
and another one.....and another one

and another one

05 May 2013
and another one....

front and i have to put more words

05 May 2013
and another one.....

closeup and some more words

Last edited by Nafunu6 : 05 May 2013 at 06:12 AM.

05 May 2013
and another one.....and another one

zbrush bumpmaterial

05 May 2013
and another one....

zbrush polyframe

05 May 2013
and another one.....

Maya smoothmode, photobucket ate my hardmode pic ill have to post after i tinker around a bit.

05 May 2013
and another one....

alright got photobucket to take my pic finally this is maya model on regular/hard mode. So this is finally the last of the pics, once again any critique/comment is very much appreciated (even if you hate the model). thanks for any future time and/or patience

05 May 2013
New Stuff!

Alrighty Ive done some work on the midsection joiner to make it looks more worn out, ive also gone back to maya and added some more tentacles to the head (3 didnt seem enough), and a tiny bit of work rounding out the head.

05 May 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread