Marilyn Monroe as Poison Ivy

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #31
Hello mr. Simy, and thanks for dropping by to comment. I've adjust her lips and chin now

Turned her ears and tweaked her chin and lips a bit more. I think this is as close as I can get to the reference photos and that's time time to design her Poison Ivy costume but if you guys have some more comments to improve it just hit me up!

Old 06 June 2013   #32
tweaked her face a little more since the area between the brow and the eye socket was too deep.

Old 06 June 2013   #33
She's getting closer. It looks like the muscle group around the mouth could be more defined.

Old 06 June 2013   #34
I think the nose is too thin as you've gradually thinned out, the nostrils look 'slightly' too high and the front part (sorry I do not know the name) needs to be widened, definitely getting there though

Old 06 June 2013   #35
Thanks for the comments guys did what you guys said regarding the nose and the chin

Old 06 June 2013   #36
I think you need now to put the hair just for the experience to see the extent of the similarity between the image and design??? ok
keep on

Old 06 June 2013   #37
I think, for now I'll move on to the body since the face is quite getting there now. Anyway,here's my first WIP on the body. Just getting the forms and hitting the apexes

Old 06 June 2013   #38
One word

Beauty becomes beautiful when it is immortalized.

Old 06 June 2013   #39
Thanks for that line Don Bowen. Looks like I need to strive better to make this model as beautiful as the real Monroe! hehe

Update on the body:

still trying to get that not too muscular yet not too flat of a torso. Progress has been really slow lately.

Old 06 June 2013   #40
Marilyn was rumoured to have the classic "hourglass" figure, which basically means the bust and hips measure the same number of inches and a smaller waist. Your body appears to have a rather narrow bust.

Old 06 June 2013   #41
In the next to last image you posted, her lower torso and hips and upper thighs look really long compared to how wide they are (noticeable especially in the front and back views). I think her hips need to be wider. It's hard to tell if it's been changed in the last image because it's cut off, and the view is slightly from the bottom.

Look at how sharp the angle between her side/rips and hips is in this photo:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ir6h9Q90O...n_Monroe_10.jpg
And each leg is actually crossed to the opposite side, bringing the contour of her hips inward, so if she were standing with her legs straight down her hips would actually stick out more than in that photo. Of course, her torso is twisted to her right so the angle is skewed anyway, just something to think about.

Also, look what else came up when I image searched her name.
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/...la-johnson.html
I think this is a photo that an artist digitally altered, but kind of looks like a mesh following the contours of her face eh?

Old 06 June 2013   #42
Hi guys, first off I'd just like to thank you guys for dropping by the thread from time to time with constant feedback! I've been really learning a lot with anatomy and looking at my old screenshot works this Monroe WIP has had big improvements for me. So thank you!

anyway, here's a new wip where I've taken note of Jarisky and Telemachus comments:

Old 06 June 2013   #43
I think her hips look way better--awesome!

Old 06 June 2013   #44
Hey guys! It's been awhile since I uploaded, anyway I've been texturing Monroe lately and I came up with this problem.

You see, whenever I paint say in my example a red paint on the texture and and click Create>New from Polypaint the red disappears and always ends up with the old texture (below)

Old 06 June 2013   #45
after hours and hours and hours of repeatedly trying to texture my model I still end up with the same thing. I tried texturing the tools such as Nickz, Dog and Demo Soldier. everytime I click New From Polypaint it still does the same problem

Thread Closed share thread