WIP Character critique please

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2013
WIP Character critique please

Hi

I've been working on a special costume model for an upcoming mobile app 'Now You're Dead' which I would like to get some feedback on. The costume is based off the designs for ME and Dead Space series and is supposed to be an unlockable bonus costume for the game. I'm basically looking to see if anyone can spot deficiencies/things in the model:

Here is the main still image:

Here are the various camera shots and wireframe images to show the breakdown:

and the zbrush model:

and the texture maps:

Software used included 3DS Max, ZBrush, Mudbox and Photoshop for final composites. Final triangle count for the model is 4750. Any critiques would be appreciated, especially things that I can improve. Thanks in advance!

04 April 2013
I think your work looks pretty good on the whole. The only thing that really bothers me is her crotch - it's too wide. A woman would have to be extraordinarily skinny for her crotch to be that wide in proportion to her legs.

04 April 2013
Hi Leigh

Thanks for the reply. If I understand what you're saying, the inner parts of the thighs are too far apart. After looking at the model for awhile longer, I think that's a very valid point. The legs make her look a tad gangly when looking front the front perspective. I'll be sure to adjust the proportions of her thigh area.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Brian

04 April 2013
Yeah, this is great work! I completely agree with the skinny thigh issue but beyond that the design is simple and cool and the textures work really well at bringing out all that detail on the low poly model and breaking up the surface.

over all, I dig it

04 April 2013
Hi LeeSalo

Thanks! I've fixed the thigh issue recently and am working on some more refinements. Hopefully they turn out for the better.

04 April 2013
Hi

Just a quick update on the model:

Fixed the thighs so they don't look so lanky. Also took someone else's advice and updated the costume so the metal parts of the costume looks more like actual metal than stone. Also adjusted the background because the perspective for the city wasn't proper. Any comments on the latest version is welcome. Thanks!

04 April 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread