Waterman

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2013
Adding new options

NO MORE WORKS HERE!

Last edited by gustavoahlen : 04 April 2013 at 09:14 PM.

04 April 2013
I really like your concept. I would maybe try something different with the horizon as it looks a little washed out with the mist.

04 April 2013
In the real life there are different kind of fogs with different heigh values. I am talking about real life and according our personal tastes they are just points of views.

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by gustavoahlen: In the real life there are different kind of fogs with different heigh values. I am talking about real life and according our personal tastes they are just points of views.

If this is going to be your attitude towards critique, then why are you posting in a critique forum?

04 April 2013
Because the members of CGI Society said me that I need to post the works on WIP/Critique: 3D Stills before to get an award.
And talking about the critics, sorry but What is the problem regarding to talk about a critique? I am just talking about my point of view. I do not consider to have an outstanding "attitude", only exposing points of views.

Last edited by gustavoahlen : 04 April 2013 at 07:14 PM.

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by gustavoahlen: Because the members of CGI Society said me that I need to post the works on WIP/Critique: 3D Stills before to get an award.

Huh? Awards are given for outstanding work, not for posting in the WIP forum.

Quote: And talking about the critics, sorry but What is the problem regarding to talk about a critique? I am just talking about my point of view. I do not consider to have an outstanding "attitude", only exposing points of views.

If people are going to post critique, then immediately disregarding their suggestions, as you did, without even discussing or considering them isn't very constructive. Your tone comes across as dismissive and almost rude; perhaps this is a language barrier issue, but if you're going to post in a critique forum, then you'd do we'll to retain more of an open mind when people post valid comments regarding your work. If you actually consider what people suggest and try it, then your work will improve. If you just dismiss critique as "differences of opinion" then you're going to stagnate.

If your goal is to win an award for this, you still have a lot of work to do, starting with rethinking your entire composition, which is rather weak. Your entire image is lacking in focus and structure, and that's before we even consider the problems with regards to the more technical aspects of the image like shading and lighting. However, since you posted this as a "final image", even though this is a WIP forum, then something tells me you're not going to change anything, although I hope you'll prove me wrong.

04 April 2013
"...I need to post the works on WIP/Critique: 3D Stills before to get an award."

Thanks for the tip!

Regarding your render:

You need to work a lot on the composition as well as on the texturing, shading and lighting.
Have a look at this article, it's a really good one. The rest has been said already.

Cheers
Andre

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by leigh: Huh? Awards are given for outstanding work, not for posting in the WIP forum.

If people are going to post critique, then immediately disregarding their suggestions, as you did, without even discussing or considering them isn't very constructive. Your tone comes across as dismissive and almost rude; perhaps this is a language barrier issue, but if you're going to post in a critique forum, then you'd do we'll to retain more of an open mind when people post valid comments regarding your work. If you actually consider what people suggest and try it, then your work will improve. If you just dismiss critique as "differences of opinion" then you're going to stagnate.

If your goal is to win an award for this, you still have a lot of work to do, starting with rethinking your entire composition, which is rather weak. Your entire image is lacking in focus and structure, and that's before we even consider the problems with regards to the more technical aspects of the image like shading and lighting. However, since you posted this as a "final image", even though this is a WIP forum, then something tells me you're not going to change anything, although I hope you'll prove me wrong.

Last edited by gustavoahlen : 04 April 2013 at 09:25 PM.

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by ACantarel: "...I need to post the works on WIP/Critique: 3D Stills before to get an award."

Thanks for the tip!

Regarding your render:

You need to work a lot on the composition as well as on the texturing, shading and lighting.
Have a look at this article, it's a really good one. The rest has been said already.

Cheers
Andre

Thanks, I really appreciate your comment! looks so friendly!

04 April 2013
I saw your comment before you edited it out. You know, you'll never improve as an artist if you go around acting like you're amazing and entitled to awards while getting angry when people dare to critique your work. It seems to me that you resolve any cognitive dissonance about your ability by convincing yourself that it's everyone else who has a problem and not you. Suffice to say, you have a lot to learn. Maybe one day you'll realise that listening to the advice, critique and ideas of others is how we develop and improve.

04 April 2013
Oh and I see you're also slagging me off on your Facebook fan page:

Quote: Deleting my account on CG Society. I was checking out some websites as CG Society and it is amazing the critiques from admins, because they dont do critiques about our works, they do personal critiques. I have deleted all my data from this website, because I dont like unprofessional blogs as websites with administrators who think like teenagers.

Thanks. Although my opinion about who is acting like a teenager differs from yours.

Thread Closed share thread