Yet another witch

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2013
Yet another witch

Hi guys,
I'm learning Zbrush. I started with this kind of witch lady somehow inspired by Flemeth from Dragon Age II. Old but cannot extactly say what age. A bit evil. Proud. I wanted to do everything in Zbrush.

I'd really appreciate any comment on the workflow. If you're not interested you can skip this paragraph. I started with dynamesh to merge sphere with face body part. I shaped the neck and shoulders. Then switched off to just sculpting. When I had all the proportions I made retopology. Big part of it I made with Topology Brush, but when I restarted Zbrush I had dozens of crashes with it. I tried ZSphere topology but I was unable to move the "old" vertices (though I could move the new ones). I read somewhere that these are just bugs. Someone told me that I could assign more RAM but I have 4Gb assigned. Since Zbrush is 32bit it cannot use more, can it? Anyway I finished the topology in Max with Step Build. After that I finished sculpting. The rest of meshes I made entierly in Zbrush using ZSpheres, ZSphere Topology, extracting masks and just ZBrush primitives. And here I have some specific questions:

1. Is it really smart to start with dynamesh? I mean: This body part you can insert in Zbrush has good topology. Using dynamesh to shape it and add shoulders destroyed the topology. But it gives this freedom in shaping. Is it the best way? Or is there any better?

2. When you make assets for games - does it make sense to start meshes in Zbrush? You eventually end up bringing it to max/maya/whatever.

3. This topology problem I had. Can you say anything about it? Is it really a bug associated with restarting Zbrush? Can I assign more RAM? Should I know something?

4. Can you bridge ZSpheres? To make for example closed loop or something like that?

and here comes the topology: If you have any comments - please share

Wow... I guess that's all. I'll appreciate any comment and help. Than you, guys

04 April 2013
right now all i can say is wooooooow.

04 April 2013
thank you

04 April 2013
Really great model. It's ispiring for someone who's trying to learn zbrush.
can i ask how you modelled the earrings?

04 April 2013
thank you I made strings with ZSpheres but used Unified skin instead of Adaptive since it brings a smoothed result. Then I used Insert Sphere brush.

04 April 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread