Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 04-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
RalphAX
portfolio
Rafael Jr
Mexico

Walter White "Heisenberg"

Well guys I didnt make it to the gallery xD so as CG recommend I'm posting here, and I would like some critic of yours to improve my skils and get noticed of the mistakes

I got inspired of the Tv series Breaking Bad, because the protagonist has a very peculiar face.
This is the image I got based http://collider.com/wp-content/uplo...an-cranston.jpg.

I want to represent the serious-sadness.madness face that this character often do.

This is my first work using Zbrush, and of course, my first model in high detail as well. I use Maya for low poly, Zbrush for detail and polypaint, Nuke for compositing and Photoshop for some details left.

I hope you can make some critics on the detail of the model, the lighting, the subsurface scatter because my gold was to do a realistic skin, and the compositing. Hope you like it

Last edited by RalphAX : 04-03-2013 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Grammar -.-

Old 04-05-2013, 04:25 AM   #2
RalphAX
portfolio
Rafael Jr
Mexico

Please give me some feedback, I want to improve it, and have much better result.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
swedelandster
portfolio

Overall good work.
I think the skin need some improvement/detail.
Also the something "wrong" in the eye section. Cant pinpoint what it is - maybe its a little too clean overall.

still very good work.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
AJ1
User

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
A J
Indiana, USA

Hey man,

I'm not much of a portrait guy, but your light looks a little harsh from the one side. A normal portrait setup is something like 2 - 1 m^2 softboxes, and maybe a dim spot for rim lighting. Try making your lights bigger and further away. That should help to soften your light and even things out.

The blochyness on the skin seems a little arbitrary and even, but I'm not an expert on this.

-AJ

Old 04-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #5
RalphAX
portfolio
Rafael Jr
Mexico

swedelandster: Thanx, I agree whith the skin, I dont know if its the light or maybe the displacement of the detail isnt strong enough.

AJ1: I will try to do so, moving forward the lights and also the intensity. Thanks.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread