Two birds on a floating stone

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
Two birds on a floating stone

Hi guys, this is the first time I published my works on the site. Hope I can get some useful comments for improving my work!

I am a student who are working on my final year project. Here is just a still image of one of the scene.

Can you guys give me some comments on lighting , color and composition? I felt this scene is too "empty". Should I add more plants or leafs on that floating stone?

Thanks everyone who leave me a useful comments=)!

Last edited by abc001101 : 03 March 2013 at 11:02 AM.

Old 03 March 2013   #2
Nice concept

Id say the only thing i would work on is lighting, it is extremely harsh and is starting to drown out your beautiful textures. Also, what modeling package are your using?

Old 03 March 2013   #3
I know the sun was a big problem of the whole picture. And I just changed the lighting from afternoon to sunrise. So the sun will not appear at the middle of the picture.

I will upload it as fast as possible^^

Thanks for your comments. Any other comments for the composition? I am pretty worry about that.

For the software of modeling. I used maya for the basic modeling first, then import it into zbrush for detailing and texturing. However, may I know why you asking this question?

Old 04 April 2013   #4
Here is the latest update version of my final year project. Please give me some comments about everything/_\
Thank you guys!

Old 04 April 2013   #5
Hey man,

Sorry to be harsh, but I'm not sure whats going on in your scene. Your composition is very zoomed out, and its hard to tell what each of the elements are. The shot also lacks depth and focus. Try zooming in on a single subject, such as the bird.

As far as your lighting goes, it does look blown out. I'm not sure if my monitor is off, but the other poster mentioned this as well. I would have a look at your monitor settings to make sure things are reasonably set. Your sun is also coming in at an odd angle. Its not really a key light or a rim light. Try moving the sun light further back in the scene as to provide a nice rim light. Use the bounced blue or gold light from your scene as the fill. Your current blue fill light also looks to 'sourcey'. Try moving it further away in your scene, and disable specular highlights on that light or lights. It also look a little too aqua and saturated.

Your sky also doesn't line up with the scene. The sun in your photograph and the light on your stand appear to be coming from two different angles. Try just using a simple gradient as your background. I'm not sure the photo really jives well with the stylized look of your scene.

-AJ

Old 04 April 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread