Thursday project

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
Thursday project

hello,
this is my first entry in this forum. because i never finish any of my private projects i started a colaboration with a friend, daniel from 3dgrafix. hopefully we will push ourselves till it is finished. post some stuff on this forum might help as well. we try to meet every thursday, that's why it is called the thursday project. we mant to make a little stylized, cartoony scene in a depressive enviroment. that is what we have so far. started with lose sketches, so we will have more artistic freedom while modelling.

03 March 2013
face

worked a bit on the face and jacket. not sure if i should start start sculpting or leave it simple. will decide it when we have done bit more enviroment stuff. also did a bit of sketching. tried to define the mood we are aiming for

03 March 2013
OK guess it's time to posting something myself. Finished the tractor model and applied some shaders to define the colors, but that is very basic so far...will start modeling on the house next.

03 March 2013
Wow, I love this already! I do not have anything to critique, to this point it looks perfect. I have to point out that I was having thoughts on whether to check this project or not just because of the title. You may want to change it to something more interesting if you want to draw more people in.

03 March 2013
Hahah love that tractor. Can't wait to see the whole scene together.

03 March 2013
really like the tractor ... the right amount of style !!
looking forward for more

03 March 2013
Nice! I really don't like leaving fanboy comments, but the tractor looks really great. Keep us posted!
-AJ

03 March 2013
scene tests

try to compose the scene a bit. also worked on the tree. the tree seems fine for the background, but i am not happy with the front tree. need something with more details without beeing realistic. lets see how daniels house will turn out.

03 March 2013
loving the tractor. Excited to see more!

03 March 2013
The model of the house is nearly complete but I'm not that happy with it...but don't know what's the problem here. Guess it need more of that "special touch", will try to distort it a little bit and add some more damage.

03 March 2013
i actually really like the design of the house. It has it's own personality.

03 March 2013
detailing

started to detail the model abit. not sure how far i should go.

03 March 2013
Looking very nice! really like the style/design of your house

03 March 2013
I think it matches the detail level of the props perfectly.
See you tomorrow ;-)

03 March 2013
small update

started to texturize the character and to paint a background sky. just used basic shader so far

Thread Closed share thread