Basic 3D House

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
My First 3D House Render

I have been working on modeling a basic 3D house. I have most of the modeling down and I just got started on textures. I now have a basic texture on everything, so I thought i would show a WIP shot:

I used MentalRay and 3dsmax to make this. There are some things that i might want to go back to remodel, (like the shingles) but for now I am mostly moving onto texturing and lighting. (Modeling advice would still be appreciated though)

I am debating on weather or not i actually have to model in some grass, (i probably will anyway) but right now i think it is the worst looking texture in the image. MrProxies would work out well for that, (the trees are proxy trees) i just have to get around to doing that.

I don't have VRay so i can't use a VRay Sky or sun. Right now, the lighting is just a Daylight system for the sun/main shadows, (mrSun) and an HDRI image to add in some softer shadows and colors. If there is a better way of lighting out there, ill eventually figure it out, but for now I am mostly happy with what I have. Materials shouldn't be a problem, because most Vray things can transfer over to a similar channel in Arch&Desgin, but I'm still figuring out how to get them to look better.

Edit: Here is a link to the full size image, it should show some more detail:
http://s10.postimage.org/mra4tt49l/House.jpg

Last edited by ChrisLSimpson : 03 March 2013 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Added more Info

Old 03 March 2013   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread