Cybernetic Assassin Need Advice for rigging)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
Cybernetic Assassin Need Advice for rigging)

Here is a character I'm developing for class. It's pretty high poly but nothing too crazy. I've actually reduced the poly count a tad to make it easier to rig. I'd like some advice on how to rig the arms better because as it stands I'm not getting the deformations I want on my character's arm. I want it to look more natural when she raises it up and extends forward but as it is it just looks ugly. Anyone know of any good tutorials out there that go over arm rigging or does anyone know what I can do to get more natural deformations?

Old 03 March 2013   #2
Im not a great rigger and I barly did any rigs but before getting there you should
give a better image of the entire model and the topology.
In the first image the background is black and it's harder to see the character, post a few
good shots and maybe I can help a bit more.

As I see it from the last image, you still have way more geometry than you need.
For rigging & modeling tutorials, I think you should check Digital-Tutors.

Old 03 March 2013   #3
The biggest problem isn't with your rig, it's with posing. It's not possible for a real person to bring their arm that far up or forward without moving their clavicle, so no matter what you do with your rig it's gonna look unnatural. Once you're not trying to hit impossible poses the weight painting should go a lot better.

Old 03 March 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread