Unearthly marsh

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
Unearthly marsh

Hi everyone. Working on challenge project Mercenaries. Need to make a still image of 4 mercenaries: mage, warrior, hunter-scout and cleric. What they have to do - only your imagination. In my story there are four aborigen aliens on their own planet, cleaning their swamp from local creatures. Here is the sculpting part of warrior
Any C&C are welcome!

Old 03 March 2013   #2
I'm sorry for embarrassing you like this, but where are the images? This sounds cool and I want to see what you've done, but first you have to upload them and post them here.

Old 03 March 2013   #3
My mistake. I`m new here and was waiting some time before thread opened ) here are sculpting part at the moment and some tests of skin shading

Last edited by TheSamael : 03 March 2013 at 02:59 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #4
Without eyse and does`not seems that he has mouth but with warrior pattern =)

Old 03 March 2013   #5
Here is concept of local createres, think to large some time their limbs... Before starting to dress main characters, wanna to compleate theire opponents, because some dressing will be made from them. Such as trophys, skirt and mb armor will consist of their limbs) Please be free to critique as u wish and also any advising is needed.

Old 03 March 2013   #6
Model complete, but rig and shader need lot of work... Was`t focused on sculpting because there will be crowd of such createres in the final scene and almost everyone will be in dark.

Old 03 March 2013   #7
looks good but his mouth should be more prominent

Old 03 March 2013   #8
Thanks, to tell the truth i wanted to escape visual parts of its head and all bottom parts including chest, but without mouth it seems not danger =) i`ll quickly fix it, thanks for advise

Old 03 March 2013   #9
if i see without any shading i can see his mouth but once in lighting it hides. p.s. i was talking about the man not the spider thing

Old 03 March 2013   #10
Oh, missunderstood ) Mb some more even sss material plus more specular to his mouth reveal it more, and i`ll try to think about it when lighitng process will come.

Old 03 March 2013   #11
you do that. awaiting the next update.

Old 03 March 2013   #12
thanks for your contribution

Old 03 March 2013   #13
Concept of the scene. Think something like this wiil be...

Old 03 March 2013   #14
wow, concept looks good. i would only add one thing that a giant creature attacking them with smaller ones also.

Old 03 March 2013   #15
Thanks, i`ll think about your advise, but deadline is 20 april, i`m afraid i will not make in time ) It`s my first project of such illustration, earlier i worked only on architectual project, so it lot of work for me. There are stiil much to study while i`m making all this =)

Thread Closed share thread